Chapter 18

Harry had been nervous all day long because he was waiting Tom's reaction.

He didn't managed to appeared focused on classes, not even his homework he could do because he was nervous and a tab bit afraid of Tom's confrontation.

It has been a long time since Harry felt this way and it made him smile because Tom made him feel this.

But this also scared him because Tom has that much power over him.

'Loving someone is giving them a knife and trust that they won't stab you with it'

It was a phrase he read somewhere and stuck with him because he had once loved Ginny, forcefully, but it was the only romantic love he experienced.

And the fact that he was still a virgin, even after all the time he had, made him proud for the fact that he had kept himself pure even when he had lost hope of having a mate.

Harry glanced at Tom, he was currently having runes with the slytherins, the boy, even tho, already knew what they were learning, still paid attention to class while Harry completely ignore them all in favor of making mental simulations about his plans.

'Tom still hadn't talk with me. Did he not like it?'

But this time, Harry couldn't focus neither on the class nor on his plans when he was anxious to see Tom's reaction.

The boy look concentrated to others, but Harry could tell that Tom was ansious, but why he didn't knew.

'I just hope he doesn't want to cut off our friendship' Harry thought, he was fine with just being friends with Tom, he already endured more than a thousand year without him, he could handle a few more, right?

Harry sighed and let his face rest on the table, his face angled just right to observe his mate as he tried to stay focus.

Tom couldn't focus.

And that was something that never happened before, even when insane, he was still able to focus on things, albeit the wrong things, but focus nevertheless.

He especially couldn't when he could feel Harry's eyes practically burning on his face.

The morning lessons were unnevering for Tom when Harry was with him, which was only one class, but it left him unable to concentarte for the rest of the day.

When the lessons were finally over, Tom quickly went to the dungeons, he did not flee, because Tom doesn't flee.

Harry wasn't panicking, nope, not even a little.

"If you continue to do that, you will crave a hole in the floor" Luna commented, reading her magazine while Harry paced back and foward in front of her.

The two were in Harry's room, he had invite her here to give him some pointers and company.

"No, i won't" replied briefly pausing before resuming his pacing.

"Yes, you will, it's already notable" that made Harry pause and look down.

He was shocked when he found that what Luna said was true, the ground where he was pacing was bit lower than the rest of the floor.

He shook his head, not wanting to find the reason for that.

"You need a distraction" Luna stated.

"Yes!" Harry pointed at her, a large smile in his face as an idea started to form on his head "I was going to this during winter holidays, but i can do it now" Harry said, grateful that he had something to keep him busy "What do you say, Luna, do you want to go on a trip to the muggle world with me?"

"Yes" she replied with a smile "But we are going to need masks" she point out.

"Of course" Harry smiled at her before waving his hand and two masks appear on it.

One was a bunny mask while the other one was wolf.

Today was friday, so there's no problem in arriving late and sleep in.

After dinner, Luna and Harry met up at the common room after making sure no one would see them missing, with two under the cloak, they walked through the halls.

"Is this wrong, George?" a voice asked whispering, both Luna and Harry froze, the two were just around the corner of the Hall that twins were.

"The map has never been wrong before, Fred" George replied, the two were setting up a prank for tomorrow when George saw the names 'Harry Potter' and 'Luna Lovegood' floating just but away from them, but that wasn't the reason for this discussion.

It was about that fact that the name 'Tom Riddle' appears floating on the spot where the name 'Owen Thompson' should be.

"Maybe he is lying" Fred said, the two have been going back and forth about this over a week now and nothing came out it.

"We have already stabilized that, but the why is what we need" George replied, map in hand looking out for any possible signs of teachers while Fred sets up the prank.

"Urgh, but how are you going to do that, he is a snake, he won't tell his secrets easily" Fred complains, eyes trained on what he is doing.

"We can talk about that later, we have visitors now" George said loud enough for Harry and Luna to hear.

"Do you think they would us join if i told them what we are going to do?" Harry asked Luna, not wanting to involve himself with the twins even tho he misses them.

Last time he got involve with them, Fred died and George killed himself two months later.

He didn't want that to happen to them because they, and the older ones, weren't part of Dumbledore's plan.

"Hmm, i don't think they will like the fact that we will be comminting a crime" Luna said.

"Well, yes, but playing pranks is also a violation of the rules which can be considered a crime. Also, those two will be up for anything as long as they can have fun" Harry argued, unaware that he did precisely what he didn't want to.

(Revised)

___

I want to thank everyone who has read this far, it's a great encouragement for me having reached 20 thousand views already and almost 1 thousand votes.

I also want to thank those who point out mistakes in my writing, as i have written, English isn't my main language and it's only my second story about HP world.

Again, thanks and I'll continue to work hard in order to give a story that will be pleasent not only for me, but also to you, readers.

Nuno.