Chapter 3

Harry's easy and calm routine was broken when he had awaken up with a sweaty forehead and his heart racing more then it should when asleep.

He let out a tired sigh, his recente nightmare still fresh in his mind.

He could still feel the cold wind hitting him along side the smell of death and ash, the feeling of warm blood all over his body, he could still hear the echos of screams full of pain and agony, hear the pleas for mercy, he could still see the bodies scattered around, limbs and organs all over the place.

But, worst of all, he could still remember how he felt nothing facing such scene.

He closed his eyes, shook his head and forced out a sigh before snapping his fingers and an elf with his breakfeast popped beside him.

He grabbed the tray and tried enjoying his food with memories that had been put deep into his mind, on the surface thanks to the nightmare he just had.

He took a warm shower, making his stiff muscules relax under the pressure.

When he was all clean and relax, he left the shower and stood in front of the mirror.

A boy tall for his age, with messy black hair, tanned skin with a healthy glow, emerald green eyes and a lean frame with the muscles outlines already visible, stared back at him.

Harry blinked, taking in the changes he didn't realized he had gone through.

'I'm not the same scrawny and awakard kid anymore'

The thought crossed his mind and he blink before going back to his room and get dress.

With a casual muggle clothes, Harry sat on his favourite armchair, a book on his left hand as his right one suported his head.

His eyes scan the words lazily while his mind made its best to absorve them, yet his mind drift off and Harry found himself staring dazely at the window.

His green eyes were unfocus, memories flashing through his mind, one in particular caught him.

A 20 years old Harry let out an exhaust sigh, he had just come home from his auror work and he was now reading a book from the Black Library, feeling the bold words of the title under his finger tips.

Inheritances, Chosen Mates and Courtship.

Ever since the war ended, he was left feeling empty, he had thought that it was because he had died once and that he was still griefing those who had died, but time passed and he watched his friends move on, leaving him behind still with the same empty feeling.

An ached, a longing for something or someone, dreams of a person on his arms filled his sleep, leaving his heart throbbing with pain.

He started closing himself off, choosing to bury himself on work or hide in the library that is until he came across this book and the longing on his heart worsen.

Harry jolt a little when the sound of an owl bicking the window reach him.

He looked at it and opened the window with a wave of his hand, the owl flew in and landed on the chair's arm and stick its leg out showing the letter attached to it.

Harry called an elf to look after the owl while he reads and writes back an answer.

With levitation charm, Harry remove the letter and after scanning it for any harmful things, which he found some, he eliminate them, he finally open it and read it.

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore (order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock, Supreme Mugwump, International Confed. of Wizards)

Dear, Mr. Potter

We are pleased to inform you that you have a place at Hogworts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipament.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Your sincerely,
Minerva McGognall
Duty Headmistress

After reading, Harry opened the list of materials.

First-year students would require:

Uniform

Three sets of plain work robes (black).
One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear.
One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide or similar).
One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings).

Please note that all student's clothes should carry name tags at all times.

Books

The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 1 by Miranda Goshawk
A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot
Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling
A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch
One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore
Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

Other Equipment

1 Wand
1 Cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)
1 set of glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set of brass scales
Students may also bring an Owl OR a Cat OR a Toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS.

Seeing the familiar letter, Harry did his best to supress the memories he knows will only hurt him again.

His eyes closed as his mind started to pounder what the best course of action he should take.

A plan formed on his mind, so Harry grabbed a pen and wrote a letter saying that he will be going and asking the instructions on how enter Diagon Alley to buy his school supplies.

After giving the owl the letter, Harry watched it taking off and becoming a a little dot in the horizont.

(Revised)