Chapter 18

It's three days from the blood moon, but it's also three days before the train ride back. My hands are shaking a little, and I know it's from the blood moon coming near. I started feeling the effects four days ago, but I'm now having trouble with hearing everyone's heartbeat. It's overwhelming, and I can't eat anything. It makes me gag in my mouth.

     The Unbreakable Vow hadn't been helping either. I didn't expect the effect to work this early, but I'm now always running a fever. Not that anyone noticed. Vampires run colder, so I'm a normal temperature to anyone else.

     I'm also considering getting Blaise, Draco, and Theo in the order. If they want to, of course. It'll be easter then my handing the notes to Snape as I don't always see him until it's time for the Meeting. And when school starts, one of them can give it to Snape, and it'll seem less evident that something's going on. I'll have to talk to them at school so no one overhears us in the Manor.

     The blood tomorrow, and I'm about to drain everyone in this house. I've figured out that I could drink tea, which calms me down while making me feel better with the Unbreakable Vow. The only problem is I'm now out. I've been drinking it a lot because of the effects, and now I'm out.

     Sitting in the chair in front of me, I was trying my best not to punch something and awaken the whole house.

     "Stop. I don't want you here," I heard someone whisper.

     Looking up, I saw Regulus trying to fight off his mother. I got up quietly and walked over to her portrait frame. Quickly calling her over, she appeared in front of me.

     "What do y-"

     "I'm only going to say this once. I'm in a terrible mood, so I won't hesitate to either destroy your portrait or turn you into a muggle one."

     She scoffed and tried to walk away. But I held up my hand and removed the magic from her. I watched it stop in the most unpleasant pose of her, but I just turned her magic into marble and put it in my pocket. Walking back into the kitchen, I saw Regulus there.

     "She won't bother you for 24 hours. After that, I don't know."

     "What did you do?"

     "She's now a muggle portrait."

     "How?" He questioned like I said something in a different language, but that does make sense.

     "I removed her magic as it's something I, as a vampire, can do."

     "Sirius fucked a va-"

     "No," I had trouble holding in my laugh. "Well, I don't know, nor do I want to know. But I was bitten."

     He nodded before asking, "Is that why you've been drinking that tea like you wish it was something else?"

     "Yes. And with the blood moon on the same night as the train ride back to Hogwarts, I'm extremely stressed and in pain."

     "Pain?"

     "Yea. I'm in pain because I need blood, and hiding my fangs is harder."

     He nodded again.

     I walked away to try and get some sleep, but I was stopped in the doorway when he said, "Thank you."

     I turned, and before I could ask what for, he said, "You've allowed me to live again."

     I said quietly, "You're welcome."

Word count: 561