Chapter 11

I'm with Theo, and we're both hating it here. Shopping had never been something I liked, and now I've got to look for a dress without looking at the tags is just cruel. Theo said I couldn't look at the tags, so I'm trying to find a dress with long sleeves that aren't lasing. I'm failing and want to try tomorrow, but Theo said we should finish it today, so I'm not stressing about it tomorrow. When did he learn me so well?

     After an hour of searching, I found a gorgeous dress. I reached for the tag when Theo grabbed my hand and brought it to his side.

     "Do you like it?"

     "Yes, just don't know if it'll fit."

     "Then try it on."

     "You've got my hand and have to take me on a date before I consider getting naked in front of you."

     He smirked a little before letting my hand go and allowing me to try on the dress. It was a dark green dress that faded into black. It's an off-shoulder dress, but it sits up pretty high, so I don't care. It has long sleeves and reaches the floor, so I'll have my hair over my shoulders to feel like something there.

     "Can I see it?" Theo asked on the other side of the door.

     I took a moment to straighten it out before unlocking the door and walking out. I had a glamour charm on, so no one could see my scars, just sometimes it failed because of my personal magic, so I wanted a dress that showed the least amount of skin so I could hide my scars without using that much makeup.

     "Wow," Theo said with his jaw hanging down.

     "Close your jaw, my date not a fish, right?"

     He closed his jaw before walking over to me. He looked around me before asking, "You think this is the one?"

     "I like it."

     "But..."

     "I don't know the pri-"

     I was cut off by Theo kissing me. I wasn't made about it, just wasn't expecting it."

     "Every time you talk about the price of something while I'm here, I'm going to kiss you. Understand?"

     I nodded, still shocked at what had just happened.

     "You okay?"

     "Yes, just next time, give me a warning by grabbing my shoulder, please?"

     "Alright, can I kno-"

     "No. Lest just pay for the dress."

     It's the Yule Ball now, and I'm scared. I don't know about the dress now, so I've got a jumper in my bag that's hidden by making it look like a ring. The glamour charm is on as long as my makeup. Now all I need to do is walk down the stairs and find Theo.

     Walking down the stairs was easier said than done because of how many people were trying to leave. The champions got the first dance, and everyone wanted to see it, and I wanted to get there early to mentally prepare myself. I've never been good with big groups of people.

     Theo and I are now waiting outside the great hall. We were with the other champions, and I'm trying my hardest not to look visibly nervous.

     We're now walking down the row that was made through the crowd of people. I had my hand with Theo's, and just needed to take some deep breaths as we started dancing. My eyes kept flickering all over the place because of all the noises I was hearing and all the eyes I felt on me.

     "You okay?"

     "Just a little overwhelmed. Having attention on me has never been a good thing before, so I'm just trying to remind myself that's it fine right now."

     "We can leave."

     "No, we'll finish the dance, then we can wait around for the crowd to die down before dancing again, only if you want to. We can do whatever you want."

     "That sounds like a perfect idea. I'm not the best with attention either."

      I smiled, and when the song ended, we walked off the dance floor and sat at one of the tables. We were among the last people to leave, and I don't think this could've gone better. We spent the night in my dorm, but didn't do anything. I really wanted to tell him what I was, but I thought I should wait a little longer to see him better.

Word count:730