Chapter 9

I hate every second of being chosen. Sirius sent me a Howler, telling me how wrong it was from me to try and make it seem like something terrible happened to me and so on. I luckily came into the owlery that morning, and Sirius' owl gave me the letter then.

     Everyone else has been hating me for getting past the line, and the twins have been trying to prank me, but I don't think it'll be a harmless prank. Some of the Slytherins are singing my cheers, but that's also the last thing I care about.

      What I care about right now is finding a way to tell the other champions that the first challenge has something to do with dragons. Which I found out by running through the woods as I needed some blood.

     I found Diggory in the courtyard. He's the one I'm most comfortable walking up to because he's the least likely one to turn me away because of what happened.

     I was about to walk up to him when I saw a clip on someone's chest. It changes from Cedric to me and says I suck or something. I'm too busy to care.

     "Cedric, I need to talk to you."

     His friend was trying to show me the clip when I looked down at Cedric and said, "Now," I was putting power into my voice. I'm so tired.

     Once we walked away from his friends, I said, "The first task is dragons. I'm presuming female dragons, so maybe an egg. We each got one."

     "And the other champions, do they know?"

     "No, you're the one I figure would listen to me and the first one I found. I was going to tell  Fleur next if you could get Viktor."

     "Alright. Thanks for telling me. And I'm sorry about the pins. I tried to tel-"

     "I don't care. I've got more stuff to worry about than stupid pins that people with nothing better to do, wear."

     He nodded, and I started walking away when I felt someone watching me. I turned my head and saw Draco in a tree, but past that tree, I saw the Moody imposter watching me.

     "Look, it's the cheater. Sorry Black, I couldn't get a pin."

     I just nodded and went to walk away when Draco pulled his wand out and pointed it at me. I turned quickly and grabbed the wand out of his hand, then flipped him onto his back. Then onto his stomach, putting my foot on the shoulder of the arm I had, before saying, "Don't be a pussy and point your wand at someone with their back turned. You make me question how Slytherins are called evil."

     I released his arm and walked out of the courtyard to find Fleur. I'm sooo tired.

     I've just gotten pulled by my sleeve into a small room to be interviewed by Rita. She has a notebook and a quill that writes everything she and I say.

     "Let's begin. So, how did you manage to put your name into the goblet?"

     "I didn't." I'm going to be snobbish with her because I know that she writes what she wants, not what happened.

     "Then you got someone to do it for you?"

     "No."

     "So, how did you get your name into the goblet?" She tied again.

     "I didn't," I repeated.

     She sighed before continuing the interview that didn't turn out how she wanted with anyone. But we're kids. What was she expecting?

     I'm walking down the corridors when I heard someone come walking up behind me.

     "Hi Vale," Theo said.

     "Hello," I say with a nod of my head.

     "You know what the first challenge is?"

     "Yes."

     "Well, I'll be cheering for you."

     "I'm pretty sure you'll be the only one cheering for me."

     "Well, I think everyone that thinks you've got a nice ass might be cheering for it."

     "And you. Why are you cheering?"

     "I want you to win."

     I was going to ask why but was cut off when I saw the time. I was going to be late for the first task. "I've got to go. See you in the stands," I saw while running the way I was walking.

Word count: 705