Chapter 17

When I got back home, the first person, or people, who greeted me was Fred and George. They had apparated right in front of me. I jumped a little when they appeared.

     "Hey," Fred and George said together.

     I waved and went to walk around them. I saw the meeting was still happening, so I made it in time.

     Turning towards the stairs, I got up two steps before I heard someone call my name. Turning, I saw that it was Sirius was standing in the doorway of the kitchen. I just raised an eyebrow and saw how everyone was watching both of us like we were a ticking time bomb. I just rolled my eyes and walked upstairs.

     Sitting on the bed, I couldn't think of anything and stared into space. That was until I felt the mark burning on my arm. I realised I was still wearing the same outfit. I changed quickly. I put on a blue shirt and black jeans. Then put on a black blazer over it with my sneakers.

     I apparated from my room and walked into the Manor. When I arrived at the dining room, I saw that everyone was already there.

     "Nice of you to join us. I didn't think you would, Black," Voldemort said.

     "An Order meeting just ended. I came as quick as I could, " I said as I took the seat between Bellatrix and Narcissa.

     "So it couldn't have been Snape," Bellatrix said.

     "What?" I questioned, but I knew she was talking about the Horcrux being destroyed.

     "Someone broke into my vault and destroyed the Horcrux there."

     "And this was a few minutes ago?"

     "Yes," Voldemort answered.

     "None of the Order or their children could've done it. They were all in the meeting or running around," I stated.

     "How did they even get in?" Someone questioned, but it was obviously pointed towards Bellatrix.

     "I don't know. That fucking dragon ate them. But it sounded like they were talking to it," Bellatrix said.

     "Dragons understand Parseltongue. So they're a Parselmouth," Voldemort said.

     They disguised for a few more minutes before the doors to the room were thrown open. We all turned to look at it and saw Snape walk in. I made sure not to pause and watched him take the seat across from me.

     "Severus, was everyone in the house during the meeting?" Voldemort asked.

     "Yes, no one left the house," he answered in his usually monotone voice.

     "Does any of the Order know that someone is destroying my Horcruxes?"

     "No," he answered again.

     The meeting contained for two hours. Once it ended, we all stood up and walked out. While walking out, I saw Blaise, Draco, and Theodore standing in a hallway. They turned and saw me. I pause before making a move towards them. But I was intercepted by Snape. He grabbed my arm and walked me out of the Manor. 

     When we made it past the gates, he apparated us away. We appeared in a living room that I presume was his. He walked away and told me to sit. I sat on the chair next to me. He came back after a few minutes with tea. Putting it on the table, he sat on the couch and looked at me.

     I looked down to gather my words before saying, "I did it for the people I care for."

     "And those are?" He asked once again in his monotone voice.

     "Blaise, Draco, and Theodore, you can trust me."

     "Your evidence?"

     Sighing, I pulled up my sleeve. It has a giant to scare in it, making all the other scares look like nothing. "It's the Horcrux that was inside Harry. I removed it from him when Crouch was busted. If that's not enough, I was also the person assigned to watch over you and give you the notes."

     All he did was nod. We sat in silence for some seconds. I grabbed a teacup and just drank the tea without adding anything. As I was drinking, Snape asked, "Why did you tell me?" He had some emotion in his voice this time.

     "I was scared. I just agreed to something and had no clue what I was doing. I needed some time to think."

     "And I am to presume that you are the one that destroyed the Horcrux?"

     I nodded.

     "You're a parselmouth?" He has some surprise in his voice.

     "The vampire that turned me was a parselmouth, which made me one."

     He nodded.

     "I should head back," standing up, I walked away around the chair I sat in and apparated back to Sirius' house.

Word count: 771