Chapter 2

I just sat down on the train that was going back to Hogwarts. I can't wait for school to be over because these years have been hectic, and I just want it to end. But I also don't want to go back home either.

     I also don't know how to handle the fact that my father got out of jail. I know I'll be exiled even more and look at like I'm the escaped convict or something, but I'm already used to being exhaled as Sirius is considered a Bloodtraiter, and I'm in Slytherin, so I've got no friends. Yay.

     The lights were flicking, the train was slowing down, and it was getting colder. Dementors. They are probably here to look for Sirius Black, but if they find the carriages Harry is in, they'll try to suck the soul out of him because he has two souls—his own and a piece of Voldemort's soul that tried to escape Voldemort.

     That piece is the last piece of Tom Riddle's soul. Voldemort and Riddle are two different people. Tom could be redeemed, but Voldemort can't. I know this because when I destroyed the diary last year, Tom acted differently than how Voldemort would act. That showed me that Tom's last soul piece might have tried to escape Voldemort when he went to kill Harry. The only way I'll know for sure is by extracting the soul piece from Harry.

     Standing up, I started walking down the corridors, trying to spot where Harry was, when I saw a Dementor on the right-hand side. It opened the door to a carriage and looked like it was about to suck the soul out of someone.

     Without thinking, I removed my wand from its holder and cast a light resembling the patronum charm. I couldn't do a patronum charm, but the light should scare the creature off, or at least bring its attention over to me.

     It appeared that it just brought its attention over to me, so I stood very still and hoped some adult was there to help. And for the first time in forever, my prayers were answered as an adult came out of the carriages the Dementor was in and casted a real patronum charm. If only my prayers would be answered about having a loving home.

     Once the Dementor was gone, I sighed in relief and went to walk back to my carriage when I heard, "Hay" called out behind me. I turned around and saw a scared man standing there. He must have been the one to cast the charm. Why does he look familiar? And he smells like a werewolf.

     "Yes?"

     "Are you okay?"

     "Yes, I'm good. Is everyone else okay?" I approached the carriage and saw Harry sitting with Hermione and Ron across from him.

     "Yes, everyone's good."

     Nodding, I turned to leave when I heard behind me Ron ask, "Why do you care Black? Need to inform your father that Harry still needs to be killed?"

     Sighing, I walked away, hearing the guy ask, "Black?"

     Hermione then said, "She's the daughter of Sirius Black."

     "She's in the same year as my brothers, Fred and George." Ron added.

     That was all I heard before I closed the door to my carriage and sat down again, hoping for a peaceful ride the rest of the way back to the castle. I don't think this year is going to go smoothly for me. But I'm going to make it work like all the other years.

     I've got a goal to meet, kill Voldemort, and maybe have a relationship with my father again, but I shouldn't dream too big. God, this year is going to suck.

Word count: 617