Chapter 33: Convincing

"Let me through!" (Y/N) shouts, stopping her foot into the ground below. At the stomp of her foot, a light burst outwards, striking down every plant it hit, allowing for it to wither away.

The doors to the palace were so close. Within her reach. If only she could get around the man before her.

"I told Ling Wen I would distract you," Mu Qing replies, crossing his arms.

It was obvious he would refuse to budge. This girl before him may not have worked with him for long, but he knew of the value she held to Xie Lian. Both to Xie Lian and Hua Cheng. Of course, he would know, from the way Ling Wen spoke of her to the tone she carried when giving him orders he knew she wasn't someone they'd let go easily. 

"Don't distract me," She growls. "Let me through, and it can be as though none of this ever happened."

"You know this is untrue," Ling Wen said, approaching the girl from behind. "You know Xie Lian and Hua Cheng are alive and well. Deep down, you know. "

"No!" She cries out."If my brother could die by their hands, who's to say they couldn't!"

"Because they aren't weak," Mu Qing cuts in, staring at the girl before him. His glare he held was one of scolding as if trying to make the child realize they may be wrong.

"Chaoxing is not weak either!" She snaps, approaching Mu Qing and shoves him to the side out of her way. He stumbled on his feet, slightly surprised at the strength the small girl exerted.

Arms wrapped around her abdomen, tugging her back with much strength. 

"Stop it (Y/N)! This won't solve anything. " Ling Wen pleads her usual calm and logical demeanor breaking. She held the girl in her arms tightly, scared what would happen if she let go. Taking in a breath, she decides to play along with the mental state (Y/N) had twisted onto herself. "I have information I really think would help, and maybe even save Xie Lian."

With heavy breaths (Y/N) releases a sigh relaxing in her hold. "Fine, I'll listen,"

"Good," Ling Wen states, still not letting go of her. "The child. Dai Lu, she is your sister. " 

"I know that" (Y/N) cuts her off, whipping her head around as far as she could to glare at the older go's.

"Let her finish," Mu Qing says lightly, hitting her head to cut off her glaring.

"Dai Lu wrote her own name down. I never put a child of miscarriage on the list. It didn't fit the criteria, " Ling Wen states. "Dai Lu was a spy for your parents. A child manipulated to follow the ways of her twisted parents. Do you really want to follow in that way, too?"

"If it ends all of this, I'll do it." (Y/N) replies, shifting her head to look forward at the palace before her. Mu Qing stood to the side, his guard still up as he watched the two. The people who had once walked the pathway cleared the area, allowing the three the privacy they assumed was needed.

"But to die for the end? Aren't you scared?" Ling Wen asks. She wasn't sure if (Y/N) even knew the consequences of those actions.

With a shaky sigh, (Y/N) runs a hand through her hair. She gently places a hand over Ling Wens as she pat it gently. "Of course I'm scared. I know what happens. But I'm even more fearful of losing the last person I love. I'd rather it be me than him. After all, he has had more of an impact on people than I."

"But hasn't Xie Lian suffered enough? Imagine how he'll feel knowing you are gone. " Mu Qing speaks up. He had taken a small step closer to the two, making eye contact with (Y/N).

"He has you two to help him. I have no one, no one I rely on other than a young boy who is like my brother. So then I can't confide in him can I?" She snaps at him, getting defensive."I'm the protector of the forest, protector of animals. So humans would fall under it, would they not? We are animals, after all. "

"I didn't ask for this life. I'm not like all of you who worked hard to get here, I have no more importance anymore. " She continues taking the chance and prying Ling Wen off of her.

Before the two could react, (Y/N) had gone into a sprint, heading towards the doors they tried so hard to keep her from. She raced forward at a speed incomprehensible at first. She was too fast for the two to react. As if it was planned.

"Tell my parents they win. Tell them to release Xie Lian. Thanks for trying to stall me, but it won't work" (Y/N) says, standing from the other side of the open doors. She smiles widely at Ling Wen as her hands reach outward, grasping at the doors.

"(Y/N) don't! There are other ways!" Ling Wen cries out her arm, reaching to what she wishes she could grab. To hold the younger girl close and comfort her, that all would be okay. But it was clear she was far too gone. It was obvious their attempts would never reach her mind, and that to her, her way was the only way.

Her arm, which was reached out towards the Goddess, was met with the feeling of cold wood. The door had been shut on her face. The door, which allowed her last sight to be the girl who smiled through her tears, accepting the fate she was walking.

Wiping her eyes, Ling Wen stands up, tugging Mu Qing back, who kicked at the door in anger. "We have to tell Xie Lian. Or he really will be too late. "

The two nod at each other, turning away to inform Xie Lian they stalled as long as they could.

They could only hope the Heavenly Emperor would be logical or Xie Lian would appear at the right time.

As for now, beyond the doors was a girl ready to die. A girl who had had enough of the tainted world and sought the solution she thought was best for everyone.

A world where she would no longer exist.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A/N: Sorry, this is late and short. I honestly would rather have a short chapter with meaning than one filled with filler. Mainly cause I don't know how to put filler, plus a lot has happened in personal life. Anywayyyy. I'll try to get the other chapter up sometime this week. I promise this book is still being continued and worked on! Enjoy and have a nice week~