Chapter 3: A Wooden Bride

The next day she had awoken, with a white robe gently placed over her. Tilting her head she folds it and places it where she once slept glancing around seeing the others were doing their own thing.

Once she was awake they had stopped whatever they were doing and headed back to the little tea shop. Upon entering, Xie Lian had asked for some tea for the group.

After sitting down Nan Feng decided to break the silence "Why do you want to come here to speak about this? Can you ensure others won't hear us?"

"It doesn't matter. Even if others hear us, they wouldn't do anything. They would only think we're mentally ill." Xie Lian replied, his tone warm

"..."

That's not any better, (Y/N) deadpans at his words. Taking the other silence and reactions as an agreement to her mental reply

He continued to speak, "In order to prevent the four of us from squandering our time like before, let's get straight to the point. After having calmed down, did you guys think of any plans?"

"Let's kill it!" Fu Yao replies in a cold tone, yet the spark that lit up in his eye showed he felt otherwise.

"No shit" Nan Feng snorts, the idea already clear in his head.

"Nan Feng, you don't have to be this fierce." Xie Lian says "Fu Yao didn't say anything wrong. The way to solve this problem is precisely to kill it. The problem is, where do we kill it? Who should we kill? How do we kill it? I suggest-"

At that moment the sounds of drums filled the air, along with trumpets blasting a tune. This caused the four to look out the window, observing the scene once more.

It was the same group who delivered the bride before. The men shouted, seeing this happen Nan Feng frowned

"Wasn't it said that the native people living in and around the Mount Yu Jun region never dared to make a ruckus or throw a big celebration when they married?" He asked.

He was right, all the time in the forest (Y/N) had never heard such a ruckus as this. That made her wonder who the person in the carriage was to cause all of that noise. She glances toward Xie Lian who was already observing the situation.

Looking back towards the carriage, she watches the shaky sedan walk towards the street, the person inside swaying with its movements.

Assuming all was okay she watches the people carrying the sedan. A loud thud caught her attention as the head painted in makeup rolled out of the sedan.

Soon the headless body fell out after it.

A person carrying the sedan had yet to notice its sudden weight loss, stepping on the arm, being the first to scream. As any normal crowd would, they began to freak out with him. The streets becoming hectic. (Y/N) even panicked a bit at the sudden growing noise, gripping the ends of the table as she leaned slightly away from the window staring at the crowd.

Her gaze drifted downwards towards the person. Or what was supposed to be a person. She noted that no blood was spilled nor was the body that of a person. It was a wooden doll.

"Too ugly!" Fu Yao remarked once more, getting no retaliation from (Y/N) who grew too lost in thought

At that moment the tea sommelier approached with the copper tea pot. Xie Lian decided to speak up"Mister, yesterday I saw these people making a fuss on the streets, and today they're here again. What are they doing?"

"They're trying to die." The tea sommelier replied.

"Are they trying to trick the ghost bridegroom to come out?" Not surprised at the reply, Xie Lian asked his other question.