Chapter 4: I'll Be The Decoy!

When returning from the spiritual array he informs he had gathered. The level of ghost the bridegroom had seemed to be wrath. Second to the highest level the 'devastation' level.

"If that's true, then the information about the ugly creature or the man covered in bandages were just complete rumours. It's either that, or the people who claimed to have seen those things instead saw something else, not the ghost bridegroom."

Xie Lian mentioned his own theory, "There's another possibility. Perhaps the ghost bridegroom wouldn't, or couldn't, hurt people under certain circumstances."

On the other hand, Fu Yao didn't add his ideas and instead criticized, "Ling Wen Palace Hall has really low efficiency! It took them this long to give us a ranking of the ghost bridegroom, what's the use of telling us now?"

"At the very least, we now know the strength of our enemy. Since we're dealing with a 'Wrath' rank, then the spiritual strength of this ghost bridegroom must be quite high." Xie Lian says "It would be impossible to deceive him with a fake person. If we want to trick him out, then we can't use the diversion tactic where the people delivering the bride to the fake wedding are disguised puppets. In addition, they cannot be holding any weapons. However, the most important aspect is that the bride must be a living person."

Fu Yao spoke up, "We can just go onto the streets to find a woman and get her to be our bait."

(Y/N) grows silent, her mind scrambling with ideas.

"We can't do that" Nan Feng rejects Fu Yao's idea. (Y/N)'s eyes light up as an idea comes to her mind. She turns around tugging on Fu Yao's sleeve, whispering her idea to him.

"Fu Yao, even if there's a woman who is willing to do that, it's best if we don't use that plan. This ghost bridegroom is of the 'Wrath' rank. If we mess up, we would be fine. However, if the bride gets taken away, a frail mortal girl wouldn't be able to escape or resist. If that really happens, she'll only have death waiting for her." Xie Lian replies.

His words seem to go unheard as Fu Yao's eyes widen an uneasy look crossing his face. She continues to smile widely, proud of her idea.

"What is it?" Nan Feng questions.

"I'll do it!" She grins, her chest puffed out slightly. Xie Lian held a tight smile.

"Are you sure? It seems risky to allow you to do so" He questions.

"I'm sure, if anything I assume you would have a plan and will be there." She smiles up at him. "Plus as I told you before, you seem very trustworthy"

That evening at the Nan Yang temple, (Y/N) had stepped out of the temple with her hair still down, and no make-up on her face as she had never used it before. The dress was a perfect fit reaching to her toes and swaying with her movements.

The three boys step out staring at the girl with blank stares. (Y/N) giggles awkwardly

"I uh....I don't know how to do my make-up nor my hair...." She trails off

"Excuse me, may I ask......"

The four of them turned around toward the sound. They saw Xiao Ying holding some folded white clothes as she cowardly stared at them.

"I remembered that I encountered you all here yesterday, so I decided to come and see if I could meet you again. I already washed these clothes. I'll place them here. For both yesterday and today, thank you so much." She suddenly explained.

"This is......if you like it, can I help you?"

It remained silent as no one was sure what to say. Xiao Ying cautiously approached (Y/N), staring up at the older girl.