Chapter 1: A Small Little Encounter

The journey took three days, three days of nonstop walking with only a few hours of rest. It probably would've been quite boring alone but Xie Lian was thankful for the guide he was with. She would sometimes talk, or keep quiet. He still found it odd she lived alone in the forest, yet couldn't judge after the many years he spent on the streets.

Not only that, she was quite the opposite of the rumors he heard from up above. She was depicted as a scary girl, who would attack at any given moment. As fierce as a wolf and quick as a cheetah, always bragging about her position as a god, yet the girl in front of him was nothing like that. It seems she couldn't even hurt a fly, or even a pesky mosquito and not once has she brought up or implied that she may be a god.

After some time walking, they came to a clearing. (Y/N) halts in her footsteps, stopping at the end of the forest, staying hidden within the trees and shade, while Xie Lian embraces the sun's rays.

"Here's your stop!" She says. He smiles softly at her, giving her thanks. She waves him off.

"I must be going now!" She turns on her heel. Xie Lian turns to face her with raised eyebrows.

"Wait! Is there any way to repay you?" He asks. She shakes her head giving him a reassuring smile. Her stomach, though, had betrayed her, letting out a soft rumble. Xie Lian lets out a chuckle.

"How about I treat you to food?" He asks. She raises her hand, shaking them along with her head.

"It's alright! I'm used to it so I don't need to eat!" (Y/N)'s face began to grow red, embarrassed at the sound. Xie Lian stood patiently waiting for her, shifting the bamboo hat he had put on a while ago to block the sun.

"It's alright, I should have enough" She lowers her arms and hesitates.

"Are you sure?" He nods his head offering a gentle smile. She looks down towards the ground, her feet shifting in the dirt.

"I'm sorry, I just haven't left the forest in years..." Xie Lian steps forward gently, patting her head.

"It's alright, I'll be right by your side," He reassures. She looks up at him and nods her head. She steps out towards the light, away from the darkness provided by the greenery.

"How did you manage to survive?"

"I would hunt for a day and gather enough food I thought would last. Sometimes I'd fall short" She giggles, rubbing a hand behind her neck. "Normally there were animals which helped me learn to cook it so it would fit my small stomach"

He hums as he turns his gaze forward. The two walked a dirt path which led to a small tea shop. Xie Lian stopped in front of a sign, as (Y/N) stood by his side. He uses his hand to tilt his bamboo hat upward, then looks up towards the sign.

"'Chance encounter' little store, the name is interesting" (Y/N) hums in agreement at his words looking at the sign. Xie Lian turned to the man who owned the shop.

"Excuse me, may I ask if Mount Yu Jun is nearby?" He asked. The tea sommelier pointed in a direction for Xie Lian to go "It's in this region."

"I've arrived" Xie Lian lets out a breath. (Y/N) raises an eyebrow.

"Why do you have to visit Mount Yu Jun? No one dares to go up there, even the animals keep me from it" She asks. Xie Lian turns to her with a knowing smile.

"I just have some business to end there." (Y/N) stays quiet, following Xie Lian who walks into the teahouse. She does her best to wipe off her feet outside before walking in after him. He had picked a table by the window and asked for some tea and snacks. (Y/N) cautiously sat down across from him, sitting on her knees with her hands resting on her kneecaps.