Chapter 24, Part 2: Her Past

TW: Abuse, mentions of death, death(?)

               ♡♤♡♤♡♤♡♤♡

Dressed in red, (Y/N) could only gaze at the bright color, which filled the small cart around her. A frown etched onto her face as she stared at the still open door. Her brother had rapidly approached the sedan, grabbing her out of it.

"Chaoxing, what's the meaning of this?" She questions, surprised as he pulls the veil up from her head.

"It's not a wedding it's your death!" Her brother had shouted to her, angered she would easily go into the sedan. She hadn't heard the news yet, and what he had heard from their mother, it was planned she would never learn of it until it was too late.

"I don't think it will be my death. Surely my husband is nice. But if you believe so, then think of it this way: I would finally be set free, " She replies, moving the veil over her head to sit down once more. "Though not in the way I wish…"

Before he could utter another word, a man had pulled him away, shutting the entrance and exit of the sedan.

They had begun to move her fairly quickly, making it seem as though she had moved far. Her head raised in confusion as she felt the sedan come to a stop.

Voices were heard communicating as the sedan was dropped to the floor. Soon, the door opened, and a hand reached out to her. Blankly slowly, she spotted the familiar red fabric, which was slightly torn and worn away. Without hesitation, she takes hold of the hand, slightly surprised when she is pulled out from her sitting position.

"Gei Li? What are you doing here? " She asks, tilting her head.

"Saving you, like I said I would," He replies, keeping his gaze on her. "They plan to bury you alive, alongside the man you were supposed to marry."

"What? Why?" She questions surprised at the news. So many questions went through her head, but they were all wiped away as she made eye contact with Gei Li.

"He passed away this morning. The brides or concubines of rulers tend to be buried alongside them, whether also dead or alive, " He informs her. Tensing up, her eyes widened. That was information she was never told, and by the way Gei Li explained, she knew he must've known that she had no knowledge of such a thing.

"Hey!" A man shouts racing forward to drag Gei Li away from her."You can not tell her that information!"

"Go! Run!" Gei Li shouts, punching the man holding him and knocking him out.

He didn't have to tell her that twice. She turned on her heel and raced back to the only place she knew. Her village.

Two men had escaped from Gei Li's radar and chased after (Y/N). Following her every turn and jump she had made.

One of the men who had followed her back to the village raced forward towards her parents, who approached the running girl calmly. Collapsing to the ground, she looks up to her parents with glassy eyes.

Someone had taken a hold of her arms, dragging her back up to stand.

"Sorry, she had run away after a man had helped her escape," the man explained, lying greatly about the situation that had and is still occurring.

"Papa, please," She begged as her father simply stared down at her with an unreadable expression. "You can't send me back, I'll die! They plan to kill me. Please!"

He said nothing and let her mother speak instead.

"You are to fulfill your life's meaning; to be married and pass away," Her mother states, keeping her from the view of most villagers. "And to be stopped by a man, who must know you is unacceptable. You must remain pure and untouched"