Chapter 14: Not The Family

A/N: Sorry I missed last week's update, I ended up catching the flu so I took the week to rest. But here is the update for this week, sorry it's late!

♡●■●♡

Xie Lian and Hua Cheng stood near a tree by the place (Y/N) had agreed to meet them the next morning. It had ended up, (Y/N) was a little late or perhaps lost, though Xie Lian doubted she would be lost.

As time ticked on and the once hidden sun had begun to rise, then it grew concerning.

"San Lang, perhaps we should go find her?" Xie Lian says, his brows furrowed in concern.

Before the tall male could speak, the rustling of bushes and crunching of leaves could be heard.

(Y/N) had appeared, Dai Lu holding her hand with her own expression of concern. With each step the older girl took, the more it became obvious something was wrong. One step sounded louder than the other despite (Y/N) holding an almost perfect posture.

"Why are you limping?" Hua Cheng questioned. He was leaning against a tree with his arms crossed observing the girl with one eye closed.

Waving her hand in the air, (Y/N) gives them a big smile. "It's nothing to worry about!"

Instead of forcing it out of her, both men turned to the one they knew could possibly spill the beans. Dai Lu.

Noticing their tactic, (Y/N) releases a sigh, sitting down on the floor to take pressure off the injured leg.

"The pup from yesterday attacked me"

"Huh?!"

Both men grew alarmed by her answer, though one more obvious about it than the other. Animals seemed to have a silent agreement to never harm the girl sitting before them. So for her to be attacked was the last they thought they would hear.

"It wasn't pretty" Dai Lu visibly shivers, shutting her eyes and taking a deep breath. "She's mainly healed by now, it was a lot worse earlier. It's a good thing you gods can heal unlike normal people."

"I'll be fine!"

"He really only went for my leg but see," (Y/N) shifts her robe slightly to reveal her leg, which had slight scars littered about it. The only concerning thing was the big red bite mark which had stopped bleeding. "It's nothing bad, I'm sure it will heal in time. I can't let it stop me!"

"Shouldn't you get it looked at by a doctor?" Xie Lian questions voicing his own concern "It could get infected"

"I'll be fine, it's not the first time I've been injured this badly" She waves off his concern standing once more "Plus we still need to find answers for this one here"

Ruffling Dai Lu's hair, (Y/N) turns to the direction of the house the man lived in.

Sighing, Xie Lian knows there would be no way for them to get her to do otherwise, he glances at Hua Cheng who seemed to be deep in thought. Before he could question Hua Cheng, (Y/N) had caught their attention starting ahead of the house, still trying to hide the small limp in her leg.

Approaching the door, (Y/N) holds her head high, raising her fist and knocking on the door to the small home.

The man from the day before appears before them with a nasty scowl on his face. Before they could utter a word he closed the door in their faces.