Side Story Modern AU; Fancy Dances and Secrets

A/N: So, uh, I feel you guys deserve something cute and sweet, so here is a small break in between the feels ig. Also, this long...very long side story as an apology for no update. Currently, I've been in a writers block for all my stories I'm trying to create or continue, but I promise I'm trying!

                ♡♤♡♤♡♤♡♤

Day by day it was the same routine, wake up, go to class, work then sleep and repeat. Though that's what it seemed like to her friends.

(Y/N) had a secret which she had planned to keep for quite a while, especially since if revealed it could change a big part of her life. Her college was well known for the amount of famous celebrities it had raised, be it from actors, singers or even artists! She herself was aiming towards a degree in art.

Always having her nose stuck in a sketchbook, drawing things she saw beautiful. Currently her nose had been stuck in her book, sketching the outline of three people in old, traditional wear.

Hissing, she looks up as she feels someone bump the top of her head. It wasn't too hard that it hurt, but rather it was annoying as she was very focused on her work.

"C'mon, stick your nose out of that book for a bit and lend me some time" A voice replied. She rolled her eyes, pouting her lips at the person before her.

It was her best friend

"Look, Qingxuan, I was very focused and you almost messed me up!" She whines. Placing her pencil in the book and closing it she turns her attention to her friend.

"What is it?" She questions.

"I need a favor," Shi Qingxuan says. He was right to the point in what they were saying.

"There's a fancy party for all the actors on campus later tonight and I can bring a plus one," Shi Qingxuan replies.

"Why not ask your brother, or He Xuan?" She asks "They would more than willing to go with you if asked"

Deciding to be dramatic, Shi Qingxuan throws an arm on his forehead and leans against his best friend. His shoulder length hair tickled her neck as he pressed the back of his head into her shoulder.

"But (Y/N)!" He whines, causing heads to turn in their direction "They're boring!"

"Okay, okay! Shut up!" She replies by throwing a hand over his mouth. Once everyone had gone back to their normal lives she turns her attention back to him. "I'll go, but what's in it for me?"

Huffing he removes her hand from his mouth, lifting his head up and looking at her with a grin. "You get to meet people!"

Removing her hand from his, she frowns, staring at him with a blank look. That reaction causes him to let out a nervous laugh, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I know, it's not ideal but you can stick with me!" Shi Qingxuan, he lightly nudges her shoulder wiggling her eyebrows "Or you could even meet a man~ Maybe fall in love"

"Fall in love?" She asks in disbelief. Her nose scrunched up as she leaned back slightly "What makes you think I can fall in love when I can barely fall asleep"

"But Hua Cheng and Xie Lian are going too!" He says, nudging her shoulder. That information tended to make many women swoon and automatically agree with him.

"Hua Cheng and Xie Lian?" She questions. Those two were quite popular actors despite their young age. Many women would fall at their feet or jump for a chance to meet them in person. (Y/N) on the other hand…could care less. Not because she was 'not like other girls' cliche but rather because she was already friends with so many famous actors and actresses, she saw them as who they were. People. Well…that's what she told others.