Chapter 32: Clouded Heart, Clouded Mind

The feeling of the cold tile against her bare feet was the only thing that kept (Y/N) from breaking at the current moment. The bright sun from above seemed quite dull to her, while the beautiful pink cherry blossoms withered at her passing steps.

It was a beautiful sight to behold. The leaves of the trees falling around her as flowers that had yet to bloom grew faster than they were supposed, growing a step closer to death.

The sight of each plant withering seemed to darken the realm of God's, adding a sort of sadness in the air that no one could quite figure out.

Heads would turn as an unfamiliar face passed by the officials. Whispers among them grew as they wondered who the Goddess that was causing all the plants to wither was. The aura around her seemed dim, yet the power she seemed to exert was so strong. 

A white light followed her as the plants touched by the light would wither. It was as if they were receiving too much light, causing them to wither. Everyone who saw the light was too scared to approach it and touch it, seeing the damage it would cause to whatever it touched.

As she walked up the steps to the palace, she felt her heart grow tight in her chest as the light grew brighter. People who walked the path ahead of her would step away and hide.

All except for one person. A familiar lady rushing down the steps with a scroll in her hand. She passes the younger goddess, stopping on the steps as her head whips around to face her.

"(Y/N)!" She calls out upon realizing the girl who walked up the path. "I've been looking for you!"

Hearing her name, she stops walking. The light dimmed from behind her. Each God who watched with curiosity continued to whisper, looking at the area around her, which she had killed. She blinked a few times, allowing her mind to grow focused on the person before her.

"Ling Wen?" She croaks out."Why are you looking for me?"

Seeing the look on (Y/N)'s face, she hesitates. "It's about the case. I think I found more information."

"Don't worry about the case anymore," (Y/N) replies, turning to look where she was heading. The Palace of Divine Might stood proudly before her. Still a good distance away. "I'm putting an end to it right now."

"What." Ling Wen stares in disbelief. "What do you mean?"

"I'm not worthy of this position I have. It should be given to someone who can do better than I can" (Y/N) replies. She steps towards Ling Wen with a broken smile. "Thank you for the help, but I must get going."

"Why would you even think of giving up like this?" Ling Wen questions causing (Y/N) to falter in her composure slightly.

"It's because of me. Xie Lian and Hua Cheng are gone," She whispers. The people around grew silenced at the words she had uttered. There was no way the Ghost King and Xie Lian could perish so easily. After all, the two alone were very powerful.

"What? (Y/N) there is no way, " Ling Wen replies. Her eyebrows were furrowed as she looked back the direction she came, the communication array. "I was just speaking with Xie Lian-"

She was cut off by (Y/N) holding out her hand. The girl bit her bottom lip as her hand shook. Looking at it, Ling Wen sees a red ribbon in her grip.

"This was something I gave Hua Cheng as a gift. Dai Lu brought it back to me, and that is proof to me. He would never take it off willingly." Dropping her arm back to her side, she turns to continue her journey.

Though she grew surprised to see her path blocked. It was the same man she had seen once before her eyes locked with his dark obsidian eyes. The air around him seemed so gentle and full of grace. He stood before her with a blank expression, his arms crossed over his chest.