5th Arc Part 8: Inexcusable Sin, Virulent Affection

"HOLD IT!" Monokuma shouted before his smile grew exponentially. "

Puhuhuhu! Good, good! This is already more entertaining! Now, the Ultimate Academy is proud to present its very own morphenomenal trial grounds!"

"Oh, the Scrum Debate?" Exisal Rin asked. "By the way, how is that going to work with me? Are you gonna lift me up into the air too?"

"Oh, no. Not even a little." Monokuma laughed at the notion. "You'll be sitting this one out, mister! Not only is your identity the topic of debate, but do you know how much it would cost to make something that could lift an entire Exisal up in the air? An amount way greater than the budget would allow! So you're grounded, mister!"

"Really? This is, like, the only cool part of the class trial. You're just trying to get back at me for being a pain in the ass, aren't you?"

"I refuse to comment," Monokuma smirked as he turned away from the Exisal.

"Killjoy." Exisal Rin grumbled.

"Anyway, it's time to kick it up a notch! Let's give it everything we've got!" Monokuma cheered as he took out his key and stuck it into the usual Scrum Debate slot to get things started.

Just like the previous times, the trial podiums began to glow before moving high into the air. Once in the air, the podiums split into two groups to settle the split opinion: 'Which one is dead?'. The first group was made up of Keebo, Rantaro, Kaede, and Tenko who were part of the group 'It's Rin!'. Meanwhile, Shuichi and Kirumi made up the second group of 'It's Kokichi!'.

"Scrum debate...START!" Monokuma shouted, kicking things off with a bang.

"Kokichi must be the one in the Exisal!" Kaede shouted adamantly, but Shuichi shook his head as he responded.

"Unless he comes out of the Exisal, we can't confirm that," Shuichi stated.

"It's not possible that Kokichi got crushed instead of Rin!" Tenko claimed, but Kirumi quickly countered.

"That cannot be proven since the hydraulic press can no longer be lifted. Anyone could be under there." The maid calmly said, but Rantaro was just as quick to give his own rebuttal.

"But Rin's jacket is under the press and has a knife tear in it." He remarked.

"Kokichi's clothes were flushed down the toilet to hide evidence and had knife tears, too!" Shuichi responded swiftly.

"Kokichi has to still be alive since the killing game is still happening!" Kaede argued.

"But Tsumugi also was the mastermind, but the killing game still continued after her death," Shuichi added.

"But it makes no sense for Rin to pretend to be Kokichi if he's in the Exisal." Keebo asserted.

"We won't know why unless we let Rin explain. For all we know, he had a good reason to pretend to be Kokichi." Kirumi replied.

"Kokichi was holding Rin prisoner, so he could have killed Rin whenever he wanted." Keebo then added.

"But Kaede brought Rin a weapon and a tool to break out of his prison, so Rin could have killed Kokichi!" Shuichi asserted right after.

"Rin only had a knife, though. Kokichi could have attacked him from afar with the throwing knives." Tenko pointed out but Shuichi shook his head.

"Kokichi wouldn't have had the throwing knives on him. It makes no sense for him to carry knives on him when he had the Exisal's control remote on him at all times." The detective insisted.

"But if that's the case, then how could Rin have possibly killed Kokichi when Kokichi had that remote? He could have called the Exisals to stop Rin." Rantaro immediately countered.