1st Arc Part 5: Strained Under Pressure

Ding dong, bing bong.

With the sound of the school bell, I shuffle awake as the monitors turn on for the morning announcement. The monitors only showed Monodam, once again. He said nothing like last night and the monitors turned off. So much for an announcement. Welp, our third day here has officially begun.

I got out of bed and got ready. I noticed how I wasn't nearly as tired as I was yesterday morning. Today, I feel a bit more energized. Don't know why, though, but I'm not exactly complaining. It just means I won't be late today. After I finished getting ready, I left my dorm locking the door as I left and headed off to the dining hall.

When I got there, there were only a few people missing. Nice. I'm not the last one here. What an improvement. I made myself breakfast and sat down to eat, sitting in between Kaito and Gonta this time. Soon after I began to eat, the remaining students entered the dining hall and got their food too. The atmosphere today was way better compared to yesterday morning's. Everyone seems happy.

"Maaan, for a moment I had no idea what was gonna happen! I'm glad it turned out like this!" Kokichi said happily.

"Yeah, seriously..." Kaito agreed.

"Nyeh... I slept well last night. Also, I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth by myself." Himiko said proudly.

"You did all that with magic!? You're so amazing, Himiko!" Tenko cheered.

"Praise be to Atua. Surely He helped you in His own mysterious, miraculous way." Angie said while praying.

"This Atua seems to act in secret a lot..." Tsumugi said.

"Because Atua smells of danger," Angie replied.

"But...when someone coming to get us?" Gonta asked.

"Whoever does...I assume they will come today. There's no need to worry." Keebo answered.

"Today, huh? Not so sure about that." I blurted out without thinking with a sigh, instantly regretting it.

"Hmm? Why do you say that?" Ryoma asked me.

"O-Oh nothing. Just thinking out loud. Nothing important, really. Besides, who would listen to an amnesiac who can't remember anything?" I responded.

"What do you mean?" Kirumi asked.

"I think I understand what Rin is saying," Rantaro said with a sigh. "After all, this is...quite the happy ending, but–"

"But...is this really how this ends?" Kaede finished. Everyone turned to her as if she had grown 5 heads when she said that. "I-I mean, it just seems too easy. I don't think it'll end like this."

"I can't help but agree," I say, knowing what's about to happen. "After all, the Monokubs are still a threat with the Exisals. We're also still trapped here with no idea how to escape or how long a rescue is going to happen if a rescue is even happening at all. In my opinion, this is far from over."

"Then...do you two perhaps wish for the killing game to continue?" Kiyo asked.

"N-No, not at all-." Kaede began to say before getting interrupted.

"Then don't ruin our happy moment, you fuckin' shank!" Miu yelled vulgarly. Kaede immediately shut up at that, but I only sighed and continued.

"Happy moments are fine, but what's happening now is a delusion. You all are wearing rose-tinted glasses and are ignoring the threats and problems that still surround us." I say sternly.

"I don't know what you and 'Kayayday' are so worried about." Kokichi pondered. "Monokuma is dead now. There's no way the killing game can continue, y'know?"