1st Arc Part 4: Atua's Guidance and Clarification

I still have a few hours until nighttime. Hanging out with Gonta was a nice break, but I really should try and do something about what I found today. I wonder what I should do. Maybe I should check out more of the academy. After all, if one of us is a traitor, I doubt they would rely on the library door since that is obvious to find.

Let's see... Where could there be another secret in this academy? It has to be somewhere where you would never find it, but also accessible to anyone at any time. That way, if it's found, they could easily avoid suspicion under that unlikely scenario. A few places come to mind, but I'll have to check them out before I-.

"Nyahahaha! I found you, Rin!"

"Huh? Wha-OOF!" I turned to see who was talking, only to get tackled and almost get knocked over. I looked at the person who had run into me, only to see Angie looking back up at me with excited eyes and a wide smile. "A-Angie? What are you-?"

"Atua has blessed me with an epiphany, and I needed a muse to create what Atua has envisioned. I began to search for someone to be my muse, and I found you, so you've been chosen! How divine!" Angie claimed.

"W-Wait. I actually have–" I couldn't say any more than that before Angie grabbed my arm and proceeded to drag me away. "W-Wait a second!"

"Nyahahaha!" Angie just laughed as she pulled me along.

She dragged me to the Shrine of Judgment and sat me down on the edge of the fountain. I then noticed something new had been added to the shrine area. In the middle of the fountain on a raised platform was a statue of a man that was split down the middle, separating black and white colors, and his head was Monokuma's. It was utterly disgusting. I was actually going to ask Angie about the new... 'decoration' that was added to the shrine, but I didn't get the chance. She then pulled out what looked like a sketchbook and looked at me cheerfully.

"Now then, please relax into a normal pose and do not move from that position."

I sighed, knowing there was no escaping from this point. I leaned a bit back, spreading my hands out to keep me from falling into the water. I look up at the ceiling, which is open because of the cage, allowing me to look at the sky. It's a beautiful day today. It's a wonder how the sky can still be so nice despite the situation we're in.

I took a deep breath, taking it all in. This is quite nice. I look at Angie through my peripheral vision. She seems really into whatever she's drawing. She will quickly doodle a bit before narrowing her eyes and drawing furiously, looking a bit possessed and moaning a bit at those times, before returning to a normal pace.

I chuckled a bit. She must be having multiple ideas for the drawing, but what's with the whole moaning and possessed look? Wait, didn't she say she was a vessel for her god and that Atau is the one who makes the art? After watching her, I can see why she would think that.

I bring my focus back up to the sky. After gazing at the vast blue sea within the clouds, I notice something. It's not much, but something feels...off. I can't put my finger on it. It's just, the way the clouds are moving seems weird. Did clouds always move like that? Maybe I'm just not used to being outside much. I am pretty pasty compared to everyone else. I think the only people who match my horrible complexion are Shuichi, Kokichi, and Keebo, who is a robot. I hold back a laugh, thinking how Keebo would say something about how "that's robophobic!".

"All done!" Angie cheers, wiping a bit of sweat off her brow. I turn my head to Angie, who is looking quite proud of herself. I got up and walked over to her.

"May I see it, or do I still need to give a blood offering?" I asked, a little nervous about the latter part of what I said.

"Nyahaha! That will not be necessary this time! You contributed by being the muse, so you do not need to give an offering, though if you wish to give some, Atua would be most pleased." Angie said innocently.