3rd Arc Part 7: Nightly Training and Leadership

The magic show went on for a while, all of it full of amazing tricks and magical spectacles, but like all things, it eventually came to an end. By the time the show ended, it was close to nighttime. Some people stayed behind to help Angie and Himiko clean up the gym, and once we were done, the nighttime announcement rang out, signaling the end of the day.

I was now in my room, taking in everything that happened today. Today felt incredibly long. We saw Maki's lab, opened up the pool, computer room, and Keebo's and Tenko's labs, and then I got threatened by Kokichi, talked with Maki, hung out with Kaede, and then the magic show happened. To say I was tired would be an understatement.

While I would like to work more on those notes of mine, I don't think I'll be able to stay awake long enough to really do anything with them. And after talking to Kaede this morning, I feel a lot better now. I doubt I'll be getting nightmares like last night, or at least nightmares as bad. But as I was about to get ready for bed–

Ding dong ding dong ding dong ding dong ding dong!

"Hmm? What the–Who in the world-?" I asked myself as I walked towards the door and opened it up.

Lo and behold, it was our resident spaceman. Of course...

"Hey, come hang out with me a sec." Kaito told me with an eager smile.

"Huh? Right now? I'm sort of tired." I told him with a dry chuckle.

"Don't worry about it. You'll feel better once we get started. We'll be waiting in the courtyard." With that, Kaito left, leaving me a bit confused.

"We?" I repeated.

I shrugged. I guess I'll find out when I get there. No point in making him wait any longer, so I put on my jacket and zipped it up before heading out of my room.

As soon as I stepped out of my room, I noticed Angie leaving her room too. She saw me and gave me a curious glance as she walked towards me.

"Huhhhh? Rin? Where are you going at such a late hour?" She asked me.

"Not really sure, myself." I told her while running my hand through my messy hair. "What about you, Angie?"

"Oh, I was just about to go talk with some others." Angie told me with a smile. "I actually wanted to invite you to the talk. Are you able to come?"

"Talk, huh? Depends on how long the thing Kaito wants me to do takes." I answered. "What exactly do you want to talk about?"

"Well, you and the others can't hear Atua's voice, so I want to explain the wisdom I've gotten from him. Perhaps once I share that, we can work together and come to new conclusions on what we should do in the future." Angie told me.

"Wisdom? New conclusions?" I repeated with a curious look.

"Atua has been touched by everyone's feelings, so He said we must preserve the peace here! You agree too, right? That's why you worked with Kokichi before, right?"

"...I suppose." I nodded. "But what exactly are you planning?"

"Nyahahaha! You will find out once you come to our little meeting. It'll be in my Research Lab in about an hour or two when everyone I've invited is ready." Angie laughed. "I hope you'll accept the offer. I want to work with everyone to make this academy a paradise!"

With that, Angie skipped off to who knows where. I couldn't help but get a bad feeling from that. What could she be planning? She says she wants to make this place a paradise, but is that really true?

Well, I don't have any reason to doubt her. All of her actions thus far point to that being the case. Even how she helped Himiko and the whole magic show proves that she wants the best for everyone here.