Extra chapter 11/ 11: A happy ending for a hopeful story

Tuktirey closed the letter after many failed attempts to concentrate despite the chaos currently taking part inside the room. Kiri sat on her sister's bed while Lo'ak tried to undo the braid he had fixed on her hair.

"Are you done now?" Kiri sighed with a little smile, making Lo'ak sigh as well, however, his sounded much more defeated.

"What is wrong with you, now?" Tuk leaned to the side holding her head in her hand, supported by the armrest of her chair.

"He is pouty because Iva told him she was too old to let him do her hair." Neteyam explained from near the window.

"She is fifteen, what did you expect?" Tuk snorted much to her brother's dismay.

"It does not mean I cannot do her hair! And I don't understand, she always liked it! What is different now?"

"Well, when you are fifteen you think you know it all. She is a child, but I'm sure she doesn't believe so." Kiri turned to look at him. "And the fact that you and Raum insist on treating her like a little girl certainly doesn't help."

"What did Reya tell you?" Lo'ak frowned.

"Only that she doesn't know how to help her daughter deal with her overbearing father and brother."

"She called me overbearing!?" He scoffed to himself. "I love my wife, but she is too permissive sometimes."

"How is allowing your daughter to go her first ball "too permissive" it is what is right. Kiri did, Tuk as well, don't you remember?" Neteyam tilted his head making his brother groan.

"Do not even get me started." He mumbled looking at Tuk who was back trying to read the paper in her hands. "What does he tell you?"

"Uhm...Not much." She mumbled avoiding her sibling's stares. "He graduated earlier than expected, but he had spent the last month doing...something...He doesn't tell me what though."

"Is he purposefully delaying his return?" Lo'ak frowned sitting straight. "He cannot do that, he made you a promise."

"And he will fulfill it." Tuktirey scoffed trying to shake the uneasiness out of her. She gave Neteyam a look so he could help to ease Lo'ak's temper, but her older brother only pursed his lips and looked away. "What was that?"

"Hum?" He shook his head with a strained smile. "Otanur is a very...truthful man, and he has never broken a promise to you before..."

"However...?" Tuk looked at him in worry, anxious about what was about to come out of his mouth.

"Well-"

"Seven years is a lot!" Lo'ak interrupted him.

"Not for a doctor. No, it isn't." She mumbled thinking to herself.

"If he truly wanted to be here, he would have done it by four!"

"Lo'ak!" Kiri hit him on the back of the head. "Do not be irrational!"

"I am the only logical mind here! He made you a promise and he will carry it on even if I have to drag him here myself!"

"But why- Why would you need to? Does he not- Do you think...? Does he not want to marry me?"

"Of course, he does!" Kiri hurried.

"That is not what we meant; we are simply concerned!" Neteyam tried to fix the situation, but he could see his little sister's mind already running at full speed.

"I have been doing things too. We are very busy people." She told herself, taking her hand to her forehead while thinking hard.

"Of course, you have. You've only recently come back from your travels, and your paintings are being displayed! Normally, some misunderstandings can take place if you do not have much time to write, let alone see one another!" Neteyam sat next to her. "Forgive us."