46| PART TWO

Song: Lips on you - Maroon 5

................................

Warning: this chapter contains a mature scene. Read at your own risk

No, we didn't shower together. Shame. I used the guest bathroom and he let me borrow a shirt and some cotton boxers instead of my drenched clothes. I love wearing his stuff. They're huge and comfy and there was something about it that made it so intimate I wanna melt. They also drowned me in his smell... Well, now that I used his shampoo I kinda smell like him myself.

Once I finished, I wrapped my shoulders with the towel to prevent my hair to wet his clothes and carefully stepped out the guest room. I was on the third story, I knew that much, but would I be able to find his room? Considering how embarrassing would be to get lost in a floor, I better be.

The corridor was colder than the rooms and I immediately felt goosebumps forming. The first room I opened happen to be some kind of wardrobe. Oops. I quickly closed it and wandered a bit further.

Come on, it can't be that hard. I've been here a couple times now.

I reached the stairs and felt lighter immediately, positioning myself like all those times when I'd come, drawing a mental map of the path Hayden took and urging my feet to match it. The dilemma was when I stopped, torn between the two doors at the end of the corridor. Both closed and plain.

Which one was his?

Biting my lip I took a chance and grabbed the knob on the left one, slowly twisting it. No sounds came from inside. Taking a deep breath I leaned to glimpse inside... and nothing. This room wasn't Hayden's.

I would have closed it again and moved to the one I knew now was my boyfriend's, but the inside of it spiked my interest.

It was a bedroom, almost identical to the one beside it: the bed, the desk, a linking bathroom to one side... But this one was empty. Well, not empty, but full of boxes like someone was halfway moving away. Or settling up. It was hard to tell...

Unable to hold back my curiosity I stepped in, glancing around and absently moving forward. The walls were plain white, like they'd never hold a picture, nor posters or draws. The bed was a simple mattress without even a duvet. Something about it clenched my chest with melancholy, I got a vague idea of who was to move here.

Half closed boxes held clothes and items that never got the chance to fill this place. At the hem of the desk there was one half emptied and the cointaining had been dropped on it as if whoever it was let it however and bolted away not coming back to fix the mess. It was hard to picture someone trying to unpack her belongings, but the pain of her absence being too much. It could have been Callum, Howard or any other in that mansion; but deep down I knew that person had been Hayden.

Upon the things spread carelessly; there was a frame upside down, postals, dark nail polish and other random things. I let my fingers trace over them absently. There was also a clock that had never been hanged and a beautiful notebook with a pattern on its cover laying over a pile of rock CDs.

Something about it made me pick it and without realizing I was rounding it in my hands. Something in the back of my mind warned me to put it back down, that I shouldn't be snooping around... but the desolation pouring from each corner of that blank room got my senses numbed, mesmerized.

I casually passed the pages, randomly stopped in one.

March 8th

It happened again. Last night he came home drunk and mad and he-