45

Song: Don't call me angel - Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, Lana Del Rey

................................

The crowd cheered when Hayden rose from the ground and the presenter lifted his arm over their heads, making his win official. His grey orbs found mine across the roaring tide of people and only then I felt my chest unclenching.

This was the third match I'd attended from the League and the fights were getting worse each time we came. Hayden always gets injured, proof of that was his bloody lip and the open cut on the verge of his hairline. And that was only his face, his side was bruised and blue when he got up I noticed a small limping from his left leg. It physically pained me to see that.

Since this was there sectionals, each time they win they fight with someone who'd also won his previous matches, so it was harder and harder, but today was the last before the semifinals. Now that he'd won, he'd only had to fight two more times. The four remaining fighters after tonight would be put in a raffle to organize next fight and the winners would finally reach the final.

I just hope Elijah was matched with Hayden next so he could get it out his system as soon as possible and didn't need to get to the final.

I hated seeing him get hurt, even if in the end he always wins. It made me feel horrible.

The guys keep insisting on me not coming and threatened me with not bringing me, but now that I know where it is I simply told them I'd come on my own and that successfully shut the matter. As 'dangerous' as it is being here, it would be ten times worse coming alone. And yes, I say 'dangerous' like that because so far nothing had happened that could be considered a threat to me.

True, the last time there was a heated quarrel that almost got into the hands in the crowd, but it was stopped. And it could have hardly affected me since I was at the other end if this weird basement-stage.

Something beside Hayden caught my attention and my eyes slid from his to the gorgeous brunette scooping too close to him. Cindy, the chick I'd seen a couple times now was standing there as one of the girls in a golden bikini holding the sign with the round's number, meat for all those hungry man's eyes. Disgusting, I know, but she did look radiant as ever.

She made me self-conscious about the huge jumper Mark had lent me. I much rather had wore Hayden's and be engulfed by his scent; but again, we were pretending we weren't that close. For my safety. Under that, Emily had let me borrow a tight body and high waisted leather pants. Yeah, I made and effort to look good and I was satisfied with the result, but a top model in bikini could make anyone feel unease.

A hint of insecurity scratched my guts at the way she was so alluringly holding on Hayden's shoulder and leaning to him to whisper in his ear. The fact that I knew they used to have casual sexual encounters didn't exactly help.

Her hazel gaze travelled from Hayden to me following his eyes and once she saw me a frown pursed her brows. A perfect grimace on her perfect face. Hayden then looked at her, whispering something back and moving to Brad without much of an acknowledgement. I found myself smiling. That's it, he's mine, girl.

Mine... the word still tasted weird, but I loved it.

As the presenter began to introduce the new match I felt the now familiar nudge on my shoulder. "Let's get you out of here."

I turned to Gavin pursing my brows. "Can't I stay?"

He eyed me warily. "You want to? There's still one fight left and people is getting excited..."