38

Song: Call you mine - The Chainsmokers ft Bebe Rexha

................................

I'd come to terms with myself that I got this weird infatuation with him. I couldn't deny it anymore. Despites everything preventing me to, I liked Hayden.

And he kissed me.

So he must at least feel the attraction as well.

And here was what didn't make sense at all. He was the one who planned that 'date' or whatever it was. He was the one that flirted back. He opened up to me and build an intimacy that made me melt. And he was the one that kissed me, not the other way around.

How could he lead me on like that and then pushed me away and pretended it never happen? What a selfish prick. I'd called him all along the week after but he curiously ditched my calls and answered with monosyllabic texts. That infuriated me. I'd thought we could be mature and clear it out like adults. He could reject me if that's what he felt, but at least he must have the guts to do it face to face.

But no, the furthest I get from him was the last message exchange and the reason why I hadn't tried to contact him again.

HAY-HAY: It was a mistake.

A mistake.

Kissing me was a mistake!

And here I was, liking him either way. Selena Gomez is right, the heart wants what it wants, and it's frustrating as hell. But I wouldn't crawl after him to change his mind. I knew he liked me back in some way, him denying what happened was like a nail in my heart.

A mistake? Ha! Then why now that I'd stopped trying to get in touch through he break, he was the one that kept texting and calling even though I ignored them, uh? It was almost as if he did want to talk, but not about what got my mind going crazy. So I just had to wait for him to realize it and made up for that awful way to describe what happen in my birthday.

It was so not a mistake. We both wanted it.

So when I came back from Europe and Gavin and Emily invited me to join them at the Bricks I immediately agreed. As usual, I couldn't convince Jess to come along, but I won't let that bother me. I got a plan. I would go and have the time of my life, I'd ignore that conceited fuck boy that dared to mess with me and made him swallow his words.

Let's see how that suits him.

Oh, and this time I had Emily to help me get ready for the races, I was getting tired to be noticed by my choice of clothes. I felt like a cupcake in a middle of a tone of rocks. Everyone was harsher and darker than me, but this would change tonight. I wore my high-waist, dark jeans and Emily lent me a sleeveless top that barely let me breathe and a beautiful red leather jacket. Then she spread her make up over the dresser and enjoyed my make over like a child on Christmas.

Once she was done, my lips were red, a dark eyeliner outlined my eyes and dark tones of shadow made them look bigger than ever. I looked older and harsher than usual. Perfect. I swear if someone else looked at me like I was out of place...

"Perfect." she voiced my thoughts excited, making me giggle. "It really suits you, Ari. Now let me straighten your hair."

As she worked I observed her wondering why had I never hanged out with her before. She was such a great girl, fun to be around, but serious enough to know when to stop. Before I left we talked a bit since she wanted to try out for the squad as well, but after I came... My stomach churned when I remember our first encounter when I came back. She was making out with Hayden.