25

Song: Catch my breath - Kelly Clarkson

...............................

Her brows furrowed together at my request, but I pouted my lips and gave her my puppy look. I'm pretty good at it, shall I say. "Pretty please, Lorna. Just this one time."

"I don't know, Arielle..." she bit her lip nervously, glancing through the doors where the headmaster's office was. Right beside the archive where she made credits by organizing and stuff. "You can get us both in deep trouble. And why is the urge anyway? I'm sure if you apply properly for it in a week or so you'll have access to it."

Yeah, but there is this mad one trapped in a closet and I'm pretty sure he won't be a week there. And if by the time he's out I hadn't gotten anything the consequences might be awful...

"It's kinda urgent." I summarized in rush, but Lorna kept hesitanting glancing between me and her boss' office. I felt the phone buzzing in my pocket and sent it directly to the voice mail. Whoever it is, they better call later. And by the way, who the heck call at this time? It's school time. Well, I should be on my last period by now, but it was more than half on so...

Lorna went to push the stroller full of files down the corridor, but I held the hem of it and stopped her scurrying away, preparing a juicy offer she couldn't deny.

"Okay, what about this: if you give me ten minutes in there I'll give you Travis Daniels' number." her eyes immediately lighted up at the mention of the Milton's pitcher and I knew I hit the right button. Part of the weight on my chest was lifted. "Uh? Do we have a deal here?"

Once again, she bit her lip, and I had to force myself to remain chill on the outside and refrained my instincts from shouting at her to hurry up. My nerves almost exploding when my phone vibrated once more; but as the first time, I hang up when I see it was an unknown number.

After what it felt forever Lorna sighed and finally turned to face me completely.

"Okay..." a huge grin took over my face as my heart lightened with relief. "But you will give him my number, and make sure you made me sound interesting enough for him to actually call." a hint of insecurity tainted her voice as she tugged a rebellious curl, but I was too excited with my little victory to actually bother.

So I just waved it off. "Yeah, yeah. If this goes how I planned it to, I'll even dress you for the next party and made sure the bottle spin to the right spots."

Her cheeks flushed as she pulled out the keys, but again hesitate before handing them to me. More weight was lifted when the cold metal met my skin.

"Just... make it quick, okay? I can't bare to lose this credits and so do you. They might expel us both and then..."

"Ten minutes." I assured her, hand over heart. "I promise."

And the damn phone rang again. Even though it was in silence mood, the vibration echoed thought the quiet hallway we were in and Lorna frowned at that.

"This thing won't stop, uh?"

I smiled apologetically and took it from my pocket just to see the unknown number on the screen. By now I was already a bit concerned. What if something had happened? To my father or Julian and they were calling from another phone?

"Um, I better take it." I mumbled and Lorna nodded.

"Fine, I'll take care of a couple things so you could move easily. Then you'll have ten minutes, Arielle. Ten." she said seriously and I show her a thumbs up as she entered the archive and I cautiously answered the call.