17

Song: What a girl is - Dove Cameron

..............................

"Stay still."

"I'm trying."

"Try harder or this is going to be a huge mess up."

I rolled my eyes at her statement. "You're saying that like you're deactivating a bomb or something."

"Oh, Ari, trust me. This is greater."

And with that Jess held my hand still and proceed to draw beautiful yet complicated patterns on my nails with her tiny brush. They were covered in a dark blue color and her work now was adorning it it a silver nail polish.

Jessica Goosman was such an artist with this stuff. It's funny how could she be so good on that but yet be unable to apply properly a simple eyeliner. Life's mysteries.

"Aaand there you go." she smiled, pulling away with a satisfied grin.

I inspected my nails and once more I realized how damn good this girl is.

"Wow, Jess! You sure are amazing."

"Yeah, whatever." she waved it off, leaning back on the pillows of her bed where we both were sitting. But a traitorous blush appeared in her ears so I noticed she actually enjoy the compliment. "Now what?"

I carefully blew the polish. "Mm, don't know. Want me to do your hair? I want to try that braid again." she frowned and I rolled my eyes. "I'll make it right this time." I promised, but that didn't convince her either.

"That's what you'd said last time."

"Well, yeah, but I already told you it was because of your hair, is so smooth it slipped out the restrains."

That didn't change the fact that she had to go all disheveled half way through one of her family dinners and her grandma (a very stressful woman) thought she was into drugs. Funny to hear, not to live.

Jessica bit her lip, looking down to where our backpacks were, next to the couch Sadie'd taken. The cheerleader was busy tipping her phone.

"We should start studding, you know?" one of her hands slipped through her dark mane. "That's kinda why we came in the first place."

I gave her a pointed look. Yeah, we were supposedly doing the mats' project in Jess' place, but the truth is that we hadn't even opened our books yet.

"Since when did we study when we hang up?"

"Mm, good point."

"I know." now was her turn to roll her eyes and I laughed. "Oh, come on, please. Let me practice. Pretty please?"

I pouted my lips at her knowing she couldn't resist my puppy eyes. I knew I'd succeed when she sighed. "Alright-"

"Oh. My God." both Jess and I turned at once to Sadie as she laughed looking at her phone.

"What?" asked the girl beside me, but Sadie didn't seem to be able to stop chuckling, rolling over her stomach in Jess' couch.

"Have- have you seen Paul's last Instagram's story?"

The latin girl visibly tensed beside me, rising into a sitting position before babbling: "P-Paul Martin?"

Oh, that damn prick that tried to get laid by lies. I sat up as straight, giving Sadie a warning look; but she was totally oblivious of it... or just ignored it. "Yeah, that one. Have you seen it?"

"No." I answered for her. Something was telling me that whatever it was, it'd hurt Jess. "So, shall we start this project or what?"

Sadie's green eyes gazed me confused as I tried to talk her wordlessly. She didn't get it. "What?"