Chapter 20: Entering the caves

Chapter 20 is here~ I don't own cardfight vanguard~~

"So Mizuha, what's the odds of finding Aichi alive in the caves? Even if we find him he could have....."

The brunette trailed off, his own words hurting him, however he couldn't help but be concerned and nervous about finding his love.

"Well, when I was little I got lost there before.... If its the same as I remember, then Aichi should be fine..,.. There's actually a lot of life in the caves, lots of ways to find food and there's most likely fresh water pockets"

Both Aisen and the brunette breathed a sigh of relief at the beige haired boy's words.

"So food and water wise he'd be fine, but what about his injuries?"

The blue haired boy questioned, remembering the blood stained lapis frames that he and the brunette had found. Mizuha shrugged.

"Depends if he's smart, I'm pretty sure there'd be a lot of moss in the caves due to them being near water and it being a dark place. Also we're near salt water so if Aichi is smart then he might have tried to use salt water to get rid of any infections"

Curious jades and sapphires looked at Mizuha, causing hazel eyes to gaze towards the ground in embarrassment as he walked.

"How do you know so much?"

Aisen murmured, slightly impressed by his love's intelligence.

"I read a lot of books when I get bored"

"Is that the entrance?"

Kai asked as a small cave opening came into view.

"Yeah, it's bigger when we're actually in it"

The beige haired boy said as he jogged over to the entrance and entered the cave. The brunette followed after and once they were inside, Mizuha placed the blue haired boy back into the wheelchair.

"It's so pretty....."

Aisen gasped, sapphires shining with admiration as the young boy gazed upon the cave, there was indeed plenty of plants and pockets of water like Mizuha had guessed there would be.

"We've got no time to admire the scenery, we've got to search for Aichi"

The brunette sighed, causing the younger boy to blush slightly in embarrassment for being sidetracked so easily.

"Sorry....."

The youngest boy murmured, causing Mizuha to smirk.

"Which way should we go? I doubt that splitting up would be a good idea"

Kai said as he turned towards the beige haired boy. Hazel eyes narrowed as he looked at the four paths that most likely branched off into even more paths along the way.

"Hmm maybe we should chose the paths that look like they have the most life around them. After all, it's common sense to not go down potentially desolate paths"

The beige haired boy as he pointed towards the farthest left path that seemed to have a small stream heading down it.

The other two nodded, both thankful that they had someone with them who was slightly educated in traveling.

"Okay, then lets go!"

Aisen called happily as he rolled his wheelchair carefully down the path, his voice causing echoes to resonate throughout the cave.

"Hey! slow down Aisen!"

Mizuha scolded as he jogged after the youngest boy, the brunette following behind at a walking pace.

"Aww it'll be fine!"

The blue haired boy chirped, sapphires glinting in the dim lighting.

"Not if you fall again"

Mizuha breathed as he grabbed hold of the handles on the wheelchair so as to slow they younger's pace down to a much safer one.

"........ I won't fall"

Aisen huffed as he crossed his arms like a child would.

"Hey Kai, would Aichi respond if he heard us calling?"

The beige haired boy asked, ignoring the pouting of the smallest boy.

"Yeah if he heard us, but wouldn't calling be useless because the echoes could disorientate us?"

The brunette questioned, remembering how Aisen's voice echoed quite a bit when the younger called.

"True, but it would help a lot if he called back so that we know that he's okay"

Mizuha explained.

"What if he's sleeping or something?"

The blue haired boy asked, not wanting to factor in anything that would be grim.

"......... He is a heavy sleeper....."

The brunette murmured, remembering how Emi and Shizuka had told him about how hard it was to wake up the younger.

"...... Well it's still worth a try....... Aichi! Where are you? Kai really wants to see you!"

The brunette grimaced slightly at the blue haired boy's call, for it was slightly too loud for his ears.

".........."

".........."

"........."

All three boys were silent as they listened to the echo, all three hoping to hear a response from the missing boy.

After a while, Mizuha allowed a small sigh to slip out.

"He may be sleeping then....."

The beige haired boy sighed, not even bothering to state the other evident reason as to why there was no response.

"Yeah...."

The brunette murmured, disappointed that he didn't hear the kind voice of his love.

"Don't worry Kai! There's still so much of the cave we can explore, especially because our safety rope is ridiculously long"

Aisen whispered softly, trying to cheer up the brunette whom he had quickly thought of as a good friend despite their short time together.

"I know....... But.... I just don't feel the same without him...."

The brunette murmured, half to himself earning him sympathetic smiles from the two boys.

"Don't worry Kai, we're going to find Aichi...... one way or another...."

The beige haired boy replied as the three of them continued to head down the path.

After a while, the three teens came upon another intersection of caves, five available routs were able to be taken. However the middle tunnel seemed as if a cave in had happened so they automatically mentally scratched that route out as an option.

"The stream branches off to the far right path and the far left path...."

Aisen murmured, wondering about which path they should take. The beige haired boy felt slightly shy when expecting gazes rested upon him.

"So which way? You seem more knowledgable about caves"

Kai asked, knowing that Mizuha would probably lead them to Aichi faster, if at all, than if himself or Aisen were to choose paths.

Me: that's le end of le chappy

Kai: I'm impatient...

Aisen: same.... I want to meet Aichi

Mizuha: a Aisen look-a-like.... I'm curious

Kai: *sigh* he better be okay....

Me: hehe, who knows? Anyway hope ya people enjoyed le chappy~