Chapter 8: relization

Chapter 8 is here~ I don't own cardfight vanguard~

This storyline...... Has 68 chappys all together now..... I'm... Proud of myself~ especially cuz it weekday updates that are constant~

A little time passed before the brunette was called into the kitchen for his meal, curious jades flickered towards excess curry that had been mixed together poking from the trash while a dirty curry stained plate was in the sink.

Shizuka noticed followed his gaze and smiled slightly in embarrassment, masking her sadness quickly.

"Sorry..... sometimes I just seem to forget.... Y'know?...."

Kai nodded grimly, the feeling was mutual for him as well.

".... Amazing.... It tastes so good...."

The brunette murmured half to himself as he gazed down at the curry that rested upon his spoon.

"Really? Thanks, I've been testing out my cooking to pass the time recently"

The cyan haired mother's laugh was void of any true joy, the brunette understood why Miwa had wanted him to visit the Sendou residence, they were lonely and seriously still grieving for Aichi.

Small talk was made during the meal between the three, afterward the brunette got up and went to go help with the dishes like he was used to, however the cyan haired mother blocked him and smiled.

"It's fine Kai, you don't need to help though I'm thankful for the gesture"

Shizuka murmured, slightly confusing the brunette for he was used to not being denied helping.

"I'd really like to help...."

The brunette replied, he didn't know what he should be doing because he was used to having Aichi to talk to, therefore, he felt sort of like a lost puppy.

"No it's fine Kai, I think your clothes may be clean, I put them in the washer for you so that they didn't stain, you should go get them"

"Ah thanks"

"The brunette replied, thankful that Shizuka was kind and thoughtful of others, he guessed that's where Aichi's kind and companionate nature came from.

"No problem, the laundry room is beside Aichi's room"

The brunette nodded and turned to head up the stairs, it seemed a little odd that the laundry room was on the second floor instead of the first one.

Sure enough, after the brunette had climbed the stairs, located the laundry room, his clothes were clean and smelt of a fresh spring breeze despite it being on the edge of fall and winter.

"So this is why Aichi always smelt nice"

"Yep, I only buy his favourite type now"

Shizuka laughed, startling the brunette who was smelling his freshly cleaned clothes.

"But why?......."

Kai murmured, lowering the clothes away from his face.

"To keep his memory alive..... I don't want it to fade like my late husband's did......"

The brunette was silent, he completely understood the cyan haired mother's words, for he himself could just barely remember what his parents looked like without a photo to show him.

"Anyway, why don't you change and then head home before it gets to late out"

Kai nodded, it was reasonable enough, after all he bet that the Sendou's weren't exactly expecting company today anyway.

"Okay, thank you for having me"

Kai murmured before walking past the cyan haired mother and entering the blue haired boy's room so that he could change back into his original clothes.

They felt unusually soft and the brunette welcomed the softness as he finished changing and headed towards the door leading to the exit of the Sendou residence.

"Bye"

"Ah wait, how is Miwa doing?"

The brunette raised a brow at the unexpected question but he decided to answer none the less.

"He's good, he seems to still be upset but he's able to let out annoying jokes"

a relieved smile crossed over the cyan haired mother's face."

"Good, It seems that he's better now"

She breathed, further confusing the brunette.

"Better? what do you mean?"

"....... He was a total wreck..... he blamed himself because he gave you and Aichi the tickets.... I heard from Emi that he hasn't smiled once since the accident happened....."

The brunette was silent for a few moments as he absorbed the information before replying.

"I see, thank you for telling me"

Kai bowed before turning away from the door and began to walk to his apartment, in need of more thinking.

He felt dumb for not realizing that the blond had most likely been in a lot of pain, they were childhood friends after all. He hadn't initially thought about anything about that, mainly because of the smile and energy that exuded from Miwa. Now looking back, he guessed that it was most likely because he was overjoyed.

He sighed while he walked down the streets, it had stopped raining so now everything was just dripping wet, making the air crisp in the process.

Whenever someone with blue eyes or blue hair walked by, jades couldn't help but look for a few seconds, a hollow emptiness drilling more and more into him each time this happened.

"Maybe I should be more grateful to Miwa...."

The brunette murmured half to himself in thought, he felt as if the annoying blond deserved some credit, yet at the same time was unable to give it because the blond might pull an annoying stunt to make those kind of thoughts melt away into nothing.

"No..... I'll just try to be a little more tolerant to some of his overly odd tricks....."

The brunette murmured as he reached his apartment, night had long since enveloped the sun and now the moon was a sliver with tiny stars and satellites hanging around it.

Swiftly he unlocked his door and entered his dusty home after kicking off his shoes, he knew that he'd eventually have to clean his house somewhat so that it looked how it used to.

With nothing better to do that he wanted to do, he decided to lay down in his bed, he could feel uncomfortable dull pains throughout his body as he did so. however, he ignored them because he already knew that the plane crash was to blame for the annoying dull pangs that he kept feeling.

Eventually sleep came to him, it didn't take too long, no more than an hour to be exact for his body was just as tired as his mind and he needed the rest.

Me: that's the end of le chappy~

Kai: *sigh*

Me: *sigh*

Kai: what's wrong?

Me: >~< idk I just don't know what to say....

Kai: then leave

Me: okay~ hope ya people enjoyed le chappy~