Chapter 16: Sight

Chapter 16 is here~ I don't own cardfight vanguard!

The brunette matched his pace so that it corresponded with the younger boy's slightly slower speed, it impressed the brunette that Aisen could easily maneuver his wheelchair around others as if it were a part of him.

"Where's the place that you want to show me?"

Kai asked, curious as to what the blue haired boy had planned for them. Sapphires gazed back towards the brunette as a smile graced the younger's lips.

"It's not a surprise if I tell you"

The younger laughed, causing the brunette to sigh.

"I guess you're right"

"Anyway Kai, who's this Aichi person you thought I was when we first met?"

Aisen asked, curious as to what the person who looked like him was like.

"Ahhh..... He's a good friend of mine"

The smaller boy frowned slightly at the answer that he received, not completely satisfied with the answer.

"I already knew that idiot, I meant what he was like"

The brunette blinked at the younger in surprise, he hasn't expected for the younger to call him an idiot.

"He was shy, kind and caring, always putting others before himself"

"So I guess that you guys were more than just friends"

"........"

Sapphires lit up as the smaller boy laughed lightly.

"Don't worry I won't make fun of you"

Kai sighed before carrying on.

"You're right, I promised to protect him but instead, he was always the one protecting me"

The brunette murmured, earning him a sympathetic smile from Aisen.

"I bet you're so open with me because me and this Aichi look similar"

"The resemblance is uncanny...."

"Heh, I want to meet this Aichi person"

The brunette smirked slightly, wondering how Aichi would react to seeing Aisen.

"That would be nice"

The brunette mused, he was starting to really like the younger boy, however it was a different feeling that he got when he was with Aichi, the feeling was more like what he felt towards Miwa. It wasn't romantic, but he wanted to be near the smaller boy as a good friend.

"Ah we're almost here!"

Aisen announced as he rolled his wheelchair slightly faster then before, the brunette looked around and noticed that there were few buildings around. He hadn't noticed the scenery change due to being preoccupied with his conversation with the younger.

"Really? But I don't see anything....."

"We're heading down the dirt path that's hidden behind a few ferns"

The blue haired boy replied, causing the brunette to frown slightly.

"..... What about your wheelchair?"

"You'll stop it from flipping over"

The younger replied, as if the answer was obvious. The brunette sighed and took the handles of the smaller's wheelchair and began to push it carefully as they headed towards a clump of ferns.