Chapter 5: A caring friend

Chapter 5 is here~ I don't own cardfight vanguard!

The brunette deeply wished that he could go back in time, just far enough for him to refuse going on the trip that Miwa had offered, he obviously didn't blame his friend, for the blond would have had no way of knowing that the plane would crash.

"I should have been the one to protect him.... Not the other way around..... This is the second time he's gotten hurt from protecting me...."

The brunette murmured to himself, as he remembered the day when the blue haired boy had pushed him out of the way of a speeding truck, getting hit in the process.

Kai grimaced when he noticed the trails of crimson that ran from his knuckles and onto the wall and floor.

"What am I doing?.... If Aichi saw me like this he'd be so upset...."

The brunette sighed shakily, taking a long deep breath before letting the air escape as he got up from the floor. his head lowered so that brown locks shadowed his face as he walked over towards the first aid kit.

A new wave of tears began as the brunette opened the kit, not from pain, but from memories of him patching up Aichi many times with a first aid kit.

He sprayed disinfectant onto his knuckles before sloppily wrapping them in bandages, not caring if they're done up right.

"....... Aichi had a funeral right?..."

The brunette murmured to himself, he had given up on trying to stop his tears.

"..... Maybe I could visit..... He may not be physically there but..... I still want to visit.......the place where his spirit may be lingering....."

The brunette cautiously walked towards his front door, curious to see if the blond had stuck around even though he had so rudely kicked him out of his house.

"Ah Kai!"

Said teen cringed at his blond haired friend's call, proving his suspicions that Miwa hadn't actually left.

"..... I have a favour to ask....."

The big smile that was present upon the blond's face quickly vanished and was replaced with a thin and slightly strained one.

"I'll help depending on what you want to ask of me"

The blond sighed as he crossed his arms, a little uneasy for he was slightly unsure as to what his friend would ask of him.

"Since Aichi had a funeral, that means that he has a grave right?....."

A relieved breath escaped from Miwa as his smile widened slightly, for it was obvious that the brunette was going to visit the grave eventually.

"Yeah, I take it that you want to go?"

A silent nod made the blond sigh and cross his arms behind the back of his head while turning away from his grieving friend.

"I guess I might as well take you.... but are you sure you don't want to rest first?.... And go tomorrow instead?"

The blond asked, slightly concerned that his dear friend wasn't ready to visit his love's grave, for he could have easily told how much the two had loved each other while they were together.

"Yeah..... This is something I need to do...."

Miwa turned around to look at his friend, blond hair shadowing grey orbs so that Kai couldn't see his face. However, the blond could see the brunette's the jades rimmed with red and the slight puffiness of the brunette's eyes concerned him.

"Okay Kai.... I'll take you..."

Miwa's voice was wavering ever so slightly, despite the smile that was plastered upon his face.

"Thank you...."

"I'll drop you off at his grave..... I don't think I'd be able to be there too long"

The brunette nodded, understanding that it was probably hard for his friend to even bring him there in the first place

"Okay..... Lead the way Miwa"

"Jeez...... Always a slave driver as usual"

The blond laughed as he and the brunette began walking away from the apartment, after locking the door of course.

"......"

"...."

The walk was silent, neither of the two were in the mood to speak for both were lost within their own thoughts.

The autumn air was quite chilly, as were the clouds dark, however neither of the two teens paid any mind to this, instead unfocused gazes were following the last of the crimson splashed leaves falling to the ground as they walked.

"Winter is late....."

The brunette said after a good long while, startling the blond by breaking the silence that was between the two.

"Yeah I know..... I can't believe that there's still leaves on the trees even though its now late in November....."

"November huh......."

The brunette remembered how the weather was perfect the last time he had been with Aichi.

"Yeah...... You missed summer.... Though, it wasn't that great of a summer anyway..."

".......I see....."

Miwa couldn't help the small frown that appeared upon his face at the thought of both Aichi and Kai having missed the summer.

"Yeah......."

The blond said, unsure as to how he'd be able to continue the conversation with his friend who seemed as if he was only partly listening to him.

"......Y'know..... I'm glad that you've woken up Kai......."

Miwa added, trying his best to lighten his friend's mood.

"That makes one of us...."

"Ehh?!"

Grey pools widened in shock at Kai,s whisper that he could just barely hear.

"You say something?"

The brunette asked, jades blank as he looked back towards his blond friend.

"No n-nothing Kai..... I just was hearing things....."

Miwa's voice cracked slightly, as he was uneasy as to what he had might have heard his best friend murmur.

"We're almost at the cemetery right?"

"Yeah, just around the corner......"

The blond replied, feeling concern wrap around him as he sped up his pace so that he was now walking beside his friend.

"Good...."

Kai replied, his voice monotone as he watched yet another crimson splashed leaf spiral down from a tree and onto the ground.

"I think it's going to rain soon...."

Miwa murmured as he shivered slightly due to the chilly autumn air.

Me: that's le end of le chappy~

Miwa: btw what does le mean?

Me: it means the >~>

Miwa: ah I see.....

Me: yep~ it's quicker to type than the~

Miwa: by 1 letter....

Me: hope ya guys enjoyed le chappy~