Chapter 7: Sendou Residence

Chapter 7 is here~ I don't own cardfight vanguard~

It felt odd to the brunette as he ran along the sidewalk with the cyan haired mother, trying to escape the rain that continuously pelted at them from above.

"You're all filthy....."

The cyan haired mother laughed as she noted the quite obvious trails of slick mud that were dripping off of the brunette, for he had been sleeping in a graveyard while it had been raining after all.

"Sorry....."

The brunette breathed, he was surprised that Shizuka was actually outpacing him and that he had to struggle to keep up.

"It's fine.... I'll just give you some of my late husband's clothes like last time"

Kai nodded at this, and the two were silent the rest of the way to the Sendou residence.

"It feels like just yesterday I was here..."

The brunette sighed as the two of them walked through the door and removed their wet and muddy shoes.

"Ah mom welcome ba-"

Emi froze in her movement of walking down the stairs to greet her mother when she noticed Kai who was standing beside her mother.

"Ah Emi thanks, what do you think about having curry for supper?"

Shizuka asked as she went over to a hall closet and began to rummage through it. The peach haired girl's blue gaze darted towards the ground as she shuffled her feet awkwardly, having not been expecting a visitor.

"S-sure that's fine....."

The brunette smiled slightly, guessing that the peach haired girl didn't know how to react.

"Hi....."

Kai murmured, no knowing what else he should say.

"Hi.... Nice to see you're awake...."

"Ah found them!"

Both of them jumped slightly at the cyan haired mother's announcement, jades looked back towards the closet to see Shizuka emerging from it with a outfit.

"Thanks......"

The brunette whispered as he accepted the clean clothes from Shizuka.

"No problem, you can change in Aichi's room"

The brunette raised a brow before nodding and quickly heading up the stairs he paused before entering his late lover's room.

"Sorry for intruding Aichi......"

He whispered before entering the room, he was surprised when he looked around for it looked exactly the same, just with a little excess dust added.

The brunette changed out of his muddy pants into some light green sweatpants. He paused while taking off his shirt to look at his reflection in a wall mirror, he was a little grossed out by the loose skin that hung from his frame, evidence from the time that had passed as well. He then put on a pale yellow shirt with a white collar before exiting the room and heading back down the stairs.

"Ah Kai, I'm going to cook enough to give you a little weight!"

The cyan haired mother said as she noted the young male's overly thin physique.

"No need... I'm fine with a bit of food, thanks anyways...."

The brunette replied, it felt strange to him that everything within the Sendou residence looked the same, traces of the blue haired boy were everywhere, as if neither of the two girls had the heart to pick up what Aichi had left around the house.

"How do you feel Kai....."

The peach haired girl asked, the brunette frowned slightly when he looked into the young girl's blue eyes, for they reminded him of Aichi, even though the hues in her eyes wernt even close to being as vibrant.

"...... Well I'm starting to ache..... I guess the cold rain sort of temporarily numbed me and now it's wearing off...."

Emi nodded, understanding the brunette's words.

"Yeah...... Anyway can I ask you something?...."

Jades narrowed in surprise at the seriousness that resonated within the younger's tone.

"Yeah sure....."

"You were with Aichi last...... Was he happy?......"

The brunette's expression softened slightly as he thought about the question.

"I wasn't conscious the whole time..... but judging on how Aichi protected me... and his nature...... I think it would be safe to say that he was at the very least content....."

Kai replied softly, a deep pang clutching his heart as he was reminded once again that he wouldn't see the blue haired boy.

"Thank you....."

Emi sniffed, surprising the older, the brunette then sighed and left for the living room so as to allow the young girl some time to herself.

"He may have been content with his choice.... however I'm not....."

The brunette sighed as he laid down on the living room couch, becoming surprised when he noticed that Aichi's sweater was still on it's armrest.

"............"

He was silent as he closed his eyes, to allow his thoughts to overtake his mind, thinking about how much the blue haired boy's death had impacted everyone who knew him. Despite the cheeriness that exuded from Shizuka, the brunette easily could sense the overwhelming loneliness and sadness that she felt.

It was natural for her to feel that way, for she was still grieving the loss of her son.

After a while of thinking the brunette's thoughts were interrupted by the strong scent of curry that was streaming from the kitchen.

Guessing that the meal would soon be finished, the brunette decided to head back into the kitchen to see if the cyan haired mother needed help with anything.

He winced slightly as he got up, he was stiff from laying down for so long that he had to stretch before actually entering the kitchen.

"Oh hi Kai"

The cyan haired mother smiled as she stirred the sauce.

"Do you need any help?"

The brunette asked, not wanting to be an impolite guest.

A happy smile crossed over Shizuka's face as she shook her head.

"No, it's fine, I've just gotten used to cooking alone......"

"........ Okay..... Well if you need anything don't hesitate to ask"

Kai replied as he walked back into the living room and sat on the couch, realizing that he wasn't the only one who was still deeply upset about the loss of the blue haired boy, he had initially thought that everyone already had mostly gotten over it.

"I guess it's not just me who's holding in their pain the best that they can...."

The brunette whispered softly to himself.

Me: that's le end of le chappy~

Kai: *sigh*

Me: don't be sad!

Kai: it's your fault!

Me: hehe ^_^

Kai: ....... You're evil

Me: Ty~ anyway hope ya ppl reading enjoyed le chappy~