19. Stars

Clear night sky, full of stars. A rather beautiful sight to the human eye but he is uninterested. His eyes stares at the crescent moon, blankly.

In contrast, her eyes hold admiration. They glistened with the same moon crescent shape. Her black hair sprawled on the ground like a pool of ink.

Lying on the bed of dry green grass and the warm summer night breeze tickles his skin.

Looking to his right he finds his human lover already looking back at him. "Hi." Taehyung says, sounding breathlessly. Her eyes, that holds the scenery of cantaloupe sunrise, that always takes his breath away.

 Y/N sings a hello in return as she turns herself to lay on her sides. Taehyung mirrors her. She looks into his silvery eyes with the slightest of crimson swirling in them.

"Why did you bring me here so suddenly?" She can't help but ask with the warm smile pushing her cheeks up.

Y/N waits for him to answer but meets with silence. Taehyung only looks at her attentively.

"What-" he shushes her, getting closer, raising his hand to her face. Then his cold fingertips graze her forehead and she feels him pull something gently from her hair. There was a small flash in his hand when he brings it back between him and Y/N.

"Lightening bug." Taehyung smiles holding the bug out to Y/N but it flies before she can react.

"You've been so stressed lately, you clearly needed a break." Taehyung shrugs, finally he answers. "College indeed has been keeping me busy." y/n sighs leaning into her lover.

The thought of college takes Taehyung twenty years ago, back when he used to drive to college on before summer mornings, wearing shades, windows down; back when the sun didn't burn his skin.

That was a distant memory now.

That far away look in the man's eyes, that shone beautifully in a devilish way, is familiar to y/n when she looks up to his face.

"What are you thinking?" she whispers with her lips merely brushing against the shell of his ear. Her touch is flame to a candle.

Taehyung shakes his head indicating nothing but y/n knows better. Then he kisses her to keep her from prying.

"Kissing me so I shut up, very typical of you." y/n retired pulling away but decided not to ask anymore. Taehyung stifles a chuckle and nuzzle his face in her face. "I love your scent." comes form him, muffled.

Y/N's hand makes it's way to his head then laces fingers with his black curly locks.

Taehyung smiles big when he tugs a slight tug at the root of her hair. Y/N shudders at the feel of the sharpness of his teeth against her skin as he smiles.

From his peripheral vision, Taehyung sees the scar peeking out from between the valley of Y/N's breast; aftermath of the surgery that saved her life. Then his smile is gone.

He surely an do better but she feels so warm in his arms that he knows she won't want to give away.

As much as he loves her the desire to keep her forever overwhelms him. The crimson of his eyes glisten with conflict when he pulls back to look at her moon kissed face.

An achingly sweet kiss on the lips and y/n closes her eyes with content. Her pulse dances at the feeling, the coldness of his presence pressed against her and then it's gone.

When y/n opens her eyes the stars above her are florescent green stickers on the ceiling of her bedroom, beneath her is her bed and not grass. The window is wide open and the breeze moves in swiftly.