CHAPTER 111 - late

a/n - please vote

i watch olivia walk into the room, holding a big bag and a bouquet of flowers. i open my mouth, but olivia cuts me off. "uh uh," she grins, sitting in front of me on the bed after putting the flowers on the bedside table.

she takes out the letter, handing it to me. "thank you," i whisper, taking it. "of course," olivia says, "read it out loud, my love." "okay," i say, unfolding it. 

(btw i haven't kept track of how old we are/what year we are in with our relationship but lets say we're 25 and olivia's 24 (turning 25 in 5 months uhhh my bad ITS HARD TO KEEP A TIMELINE ON A WATTPAD STORY OKAY)

i clear my throat, "dear y/n. it's the 14th of september, one of my favorite days ever. my favorite day for my favorite person in the whole wide world. i'm so fucking thankful for you, and how you're the prettiest, selfless, kindest person i know. thank you for always giving your time to me, never getting sick of me, making me the happiest girl in the world, making me feel loved, making me feel wanted, making me feel pretty, making me the center of your world." i look up at olivia, and she gives me a smile. "um... where was i up to? oh, here," i say, continuing to read the rest.

i wipe the tear from my cheek, "i'm continuing to write more on the plane as i fly to see you, hoping to see you when it is still your birthday. i know that i'm gonna say sorry so many times, but i'm so sorry. i love you so fucking much, more than i love myself. a thousand more times. you're perfect in every way, shape and form and i'm so so glad that i'm able to call you my girlfriend. like, i'm y/n l/n's girlfriend. i love you so much, and i hope you had the best day, and i'm so sorry that i couldn't be there for most of it. i hope i make the rest of your birthday, starting from when i see you. i love you so much that words can't express, so i hope my presents give you a bit of help."

i look up at olivia, taking a shaky sigh. "jeez, liv," i chuckle. she laughs, leaning over and wiping my cheeks.

i start to unwrap the first present. "you've run out on your perfume," olivia giggles, "you're basically spraying air onto your skin." "thank you," i laugh, looking at the perfume box, "and there is still-" "no, there isn't, i've sprayed it myself," olivia laughs too, "the bottle is empty, dimples."

i open the second gift, smiling. "and... i know that you've been needing a new car freshener," olivia laughs, "so i got you a pack of, like, five." 

"i got you a new drawing book and those oddly specific pens and pencils you like," olivia giggles.

i smile widely at the sony wh1000xm5 headphones, "seriously?" "yes," olivia smiles, "i'm not sure why your old one's were bugging out, so might as well get you new ones." "so you can use them or so i can?" i laugh. olivia laughs too, shrugging, "both... last but definitely not least... i actually need to carry this in, wait."

i watch olivia carry in a rather big box, and i chuckle, "what's that?" "unwrap it," she says. i get out of bed, starting to unwrap it.

i move the wrapping paper aside, looking at the vinyl player. "we've both been dying to get one for the house, but for some reason we never did," olivia says, "so... happy birthday, y/n. i got you some of your favorite albums, too."

she hands me a bag, and i look in. i smile at the four vinyls, placing the bag down. "thank you, olivia," i say, wrapping my arms around her for a tight hug, "thank you so much." "of course," olivia says, one hand tangled in my hair with the other around my neck, "i'm so sorry i missed most of your birthday." "it's still my birthday. plus, we can celebrate tomorrow," i say, "just me and you. the whole day." "i'd love that," olivia says.

i get into bed, yawning. olivia lays on top, looking up at me. "i love you so much," i whisper. olivia smiles, "i love you more." "thank you," i say, "for everything." "thank you for making it to twenty-five," olivia says, "oh! i need to post."