𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟵𝟯 - 𝗰𝗼𝗺𝗳𝗼𝗿𝘁

a/n - vo te

i start to walk down the hallway, stopping at the door olivia was in. there was a glass window on the door, so i look in before i open it. my eyes immediately find olivia, laughing with this guy who wasn't dan. i look down, holding the flowers a little tighter and opening the door.

everyone looks at me, olivia smiling widely. "hey guys," i chuckle. olivia squeals running up to me. i open my arms, and she runs into them. i hug her tight, laughing. "oh my god! i didn't know you were coming," she smiles, letting go. "yeah, figured i'd surprise you," i keep a smile on my face. "this is amazing," she says, "how long will you be here for?" "um... maybe, like, five days," i say, "gotta get back to work." "okay," she giggles, standing beside me, "this is dan, obviously. and this is tyler." i look at him, and he smiles brightly. "hey, spider-woman," he chuckles. 

i sit on the couch and watch olivia, dan and tyler stand at the studio desk. dan hits record, and i listen to the catchy instrumentals. olivia turns and looks at me, and we both smile. she walks over, sitting beside me. "sounds great so far," i say. "just listen," she answers, and soon enough, olivia's vocal's come in.

i look up from my phone as tyler laughs, olivia's laugh following. "that's what i said! dan, you have to do add a little distortion," olivia says.

i walk into the apartment olivia was staying at, leaving my bag on the side of the bed. i look around, taking out my phone and messaging olivia.

'just got in!'

'did you wanna get dinner?'

olivia responds about an hour later.

______________________

4:31pm

my liv💜

just got in!

did you wanna go out for dinner?

like 5:30?

omg im sorry for the late reply

sure!

i know this really good place
that dan and i went to a few nights ago

i'll send you the address and i'm
gonna have to meet you
there since i'll go straight there
from the studio

okay!! 

______________________

olivia sends the address, and i reply before turning my phone off. i open my suitcase, looking at my clothes.

i sit down at the table, looking around. first dinner date with olivia in a while, why am i kinda nervous? 

i pick my phone up. 5:40. she's probably on her way. i go on my phone as i wait, picking up my cup of water and taking a sip.

6:00. i go to call olivia, but she doesn't answer. weird. i'll just wait a little longer.

i look down at my hands in my lap, shooting a web to my wrist. i let go of the web, playing with it as i wait.

6:10. i look up, seeing someone rushing towards me. i stand up, reaching olivia's seat before she could pul it out herself. "i'm so sorry i'm late," she says, sitting down. "it's okay," i push her in, sitting in my own seat, "kinda thought i was gonna get stood up." i chuckle. olivia shakes her head, "i feel so bad. it's just, after dan left, tyler and i got a really good take so we decided to redo the vocals. i lost track of time." 

i smile faintly and nod, "that's okay." "um, have you ordered?" olivia changes the subject, taking a menu. "not yet," i answer.

i put my fork through my steak. "are you gonna swing around?" olivia asks. "yeah, i was planning to actually," i say, "later." "okay," she smiles. "wanna come?" i ask, placing the steak piece in my mouth. "no thanks," olivia laughs, taking a sip of her drink. "oh, you should try some of my steak," i say. olivia shakes her head, "i'm alright, thanks." 

ten minutes later, olivia picks up her phone as it vibrates. "sorry," she apologizes as she picks it up, starting to type. "it's okay," i pick up a fry, placing it in my mouth. olivia sighs, putting her phone down on the table. "hey, are you sure you don't want some steak? it's really good," i say, poking at my last steak piece. "y/n, i said i don't want any, so why do you keep asking?" she snaps, looking up at me. i stare at her, wondering what made her get so angry in a few seconds.

i look down at my plate, "i'm sorry." "i need to go to the bathroom," olivia stands up, walking away. i look at her plate, seeing she was finished her food anyways. my eyes go to her phone. i go to reach for it, pulling myself back and leaning back on my chair.

i watch olivia sit back in her seat, not looking at me. her heart was beating fast. makes the two of us. i look down just before olivia looks at me, poking at the steak with my fork. 

we split the bill, and walk out of the restaurant. "i need to head back to the studio," olivia says. "yeah, i'm just gonna swing back anyways," i answer. olivia unlocks her car door, and i open her door. "thanks," she says, getting in, "i'll be at the apartment later." "see you," i say.

i put on my suit, walking to the balcony. i open it, closing it as i get out. i jump over the railing, diving down.

"first crime in new york," i smile faintly, swinging to where the drug deals was. i find myself stopping at an alleyway, which was illuminated by a few lights. there was about six guys crowded around each other.

i drop down, walking over to them. "drug deals and criminals, you guys go together like cookies and milk!" i exclaim. they all jerk their bodies and look at me, shocked faces. "spider-woman?!" one asks, scared as hell. "that's me! i'm in new york, baby!" i smile under my mask, "um- not like, baby as in relationship wise. i'm occupied, but it's a little iffy right now." they point their guns at me, almost all synchronized. " a little comfort would be nice!" i exclaim, dodging the bullets that were getting shot at me.

i take a bite of the bagel after landing on a building, sitting down. "mmm! these are great," i whisper to myself, "liv would love these." i sigh, taking another bite.

i land on the balcony, seeing the blanket lifting up on the bed. liv was probably sleeping, it was almost 12. or i landed on the wrong balcony. i look for my suitcase, seeing it where i left it. okay, right apartment.

i slide open the door quietly, getting in. i get changed, getting ready for bed. i lay in bed, looking at the ceiling. after a few minutes, i hear shuffling. i look at olivia, seeing her move closer to me, her eyes still closed. 

she opens them after her hand touches my shoulder. "i can't sleep," she whispers, "i'm really sorry for snapping at you at the restaurant." "it's okay," i whisper back, looking at the ceiling again, "you didn't snap." "no, it's not okay. i couldn't stop thinking about you after. i'm so sorry," she says, "i got upset in the moment, so i got upset at you. i'm sorry." "you know you can talk to me, right?" i look at olivia again. "i know," she says, "i know. i'm sorry. i love you." "i love you more," i smile, "it's okay, olivia. it's okay to feel upset." she nods, moving her leg over my body. i place my hand on her leg, sliding my other hand under her body. i pull her on top of me, and i hear her chuckle. "and thank you for coming here," olivia says, "i really appreciate it." "no problem," i smile, "feel like i was dying when i couldn't see you in person." "same," olivia laughs, wrapping her arms around my neck. she looks up, pressing her nose against mine, "and i just realized i haven't kissed you yet." olivia's hand goes to my jaw, leaning in.

i relax my body as olivia's lips connect with mine, liv brushing my cheek with her thumb as we kiss.