CHAPTER 15 - olivia rodrigo is hot

a/n - please vote

after having lunch with friends and having dinner with mom and dad, i start to drive home. i get an incoming call from olivia. "hey!" i say after picking up. "hi dimples," olivia giggles, "are you home soon?" "yeah, in 10," i say, "why?" "can i come over?" olivia asks. "yeah, sure," i say, "but i have work tomorrow." "i won't be there for too long," she says.

i open the door for olivia, seeing her holding a few wrapped up things. "this is for the birthday girl," she smiles, walking in.

we sit on my couch, and olivia hands me the first present. "you didn't have to," i say. "it's your birthday, y/n," olivia smiles, nudging the present towards me. "thank you," i say, taking it. "you haven't even opened it," olivia laughs, "it could be shit for all you know." "i wouldn't mind," i chuckle, starting to peel off the paper.

i hold the small black, velvet box. "are you proposing to me?" i smile. olivia laughs, crossing her legs, "open it, silly." i pull up the lid, smiling at the small heart necklace. "it's a locket," olivia explains. i take it out of the box, flipping the heart open. i chuckle as i put the heart closer, looking at the picture we took at the beach. "that's so cute," i smile, looking up at olivia. "i know, i couldn't wait for it to arrive," olivia smiles. "thank you, i love it," i say, "i'll wear it every day for the rest of my life." "i better see it on your death bed," she smiles. "you will," i laugh. "okay, next present."

olivia hands me a larger package. i unwrap it, holding out the jacket. "okay, i know that you've been in need for some thicker jackets with winter coming up," olivia explains, "so i got you this cute puffer jacket." "thank you, olivia," i smile, "it's so cute." i stand up, putting it on. olivia smiles widely, "you look so cute!"

i unwrap the last present, laughing. "olivia rodrigo is hot," i read out the aesthetic lettering on the brown sweatshirt. "i got that custom made, actually," olivia smiles. "this is my favorite," i smile, "thank you, olive." "of course," olivia laughs, "that sweatshirt was kind of a joke." "i love it," i laugh, placing the sweatshirt to the side. olivia opens her arms, and i smile, leaning into her. olivia laughs, leaning back as i fall onto her. "thank you so much," i mumble into her chest. "of course, happy birthday y/n," olivia says, "also, this is jacket is really nice to hug." "i guess i'll be wearing it 24/7," i chuckle. "good," olivia laughs.

i walk olivia out to her car. i open the door for her, and she gets in. "thanks for the presents, olive," i smile. "of course," she smiles. "okay, get home safe," i say, leaning into her car. "i will," olivia says.

i watch olivia drive away, and i walk back into the house with a smile.

1 week later
i turn my alarm off, rolling to my back and yawning. i get changed, going to get a jacket. i laugh, picking up the jumper olivia gave. i put it on, looking in the mirror. "olivia rodrigo is hot," i read as i put on my name pin.

i walk into the staff room. "olivia rodrigo is hot," jess reads. "cool sweatshirt, right?" i smile. "did she give you that?" julien asks. "yeah," i laugh, "birthday present." "wait, did she only give you that?" jess asks. "no, she gave me other stuff too," i say, "gotta work. talk later!" i push open the door. "wait!" jess exclaims, running after me.

i start to wipe a table. "so, are you guys dating?" jess asks. i think for a second. if olivia told iris, i can tell jess. "yes," i answer. "no way!" jess smiles. "yeah, since literally a couple days ago," i chuckle. "oh, that's so good!" jess claps. "i know! are you on your break?" "yes," jess says, "but this is better than my break." "oh god," i mutter, tucking the chairs in. "so, how'd you guys start dating?"

i smile widely as olivia and iris come up to the register. "you're wearing the sweatshirt!" olivia laughs. i laugh too, nodding, "i did!" i look down at olivia's wrist, seeing she was wearing the bracelet too. "i didn't think you'd wear it to work," olivia says, taking out her phone, "a little embarrassing for you, but cute." she holds the phone in front of her, "say cheese!" "i don't think it's embarrassing," i laugh, putting two thumbs up and smiling as olivia takes a picture.

she laughs, turning her phone off. "oh, are you guys eating in?" i ask. "yeah," iris chuckles. "okay, follow me," i say, picking up two menus.

i hand them two menus. "let me know when you're ready to order," i say. "thanks y/n," olivia says, smiling. "no problem," i smile back, walking away.

i place olivia's food on the table, placing iris' in front of her. they both say thank you. "of course," i smile, "also, why do you always get the same 2 meals i recommended ages ago, olivia? you switch between the two every day." "because i like them," olivia laughs, "i'll get something else next time, and it's not every day, i don't come here every day." "i was just saying," i chuckle, "but okay." "alright, i'm gonna go back to work," i say, "hope you guys enjoy." "okay, i'll see you soon," olivia says. "bye y/n," iris smiles.

olivia walks up to the register with a smile. "hey olive," i smile. "hi dimples," she giggles, "can i just a drink, please?" "you may not." "oh," olivia laughs. "kidding. the usual?" "actually, wanted to try something different," olivia says, "can i get a mango green tea with mango boba?" "sure thing," i say, tapping it onto the screen. olivia gets her phone out of her pocket. "i'll add my manager discount, 50 percent off," i tell her. "no you won't," olivia chuckles, "don't do that." "why not?" "because i'm not a manager," olivia says. "okay," i shrug, looking up. i tell her the total, and she pays for it. "thanks," i say, "wait on the side, please."

i pick up the white marker, taking the lid off. i smile, starting to write on the cup.

'olivia (+ y/n)'

i chuckle to myself, starting to make her drink.

i secretly pour in extra boba, putting it into the lid machine. it seals on a black plastic lid, and i turn around, looking at olivia. she smiles at me, walking up. i hand her the drink, and she takes it, purposely placing her hand over mine in the process. "i'll come back after your shift?" olivia asks, taking a straw from the holder, "iris will drop me back here after we do a few things." "in an hour," i smile. "i know," olivia chuckles. "'course you do, stalker," i laugh. "am not," she says, jabbing the straw through the plastic. "are too," i say, briefly cleaning the counter with a cloth. olivia laughs, "kind of am." "told you!" "i admitted it! proud stalker," she smiles. "i don't mind," i say, "you can stalk me in bed." "okay, that's my sign to leave," olivia says. "i was kidding," i laugh. "i know, but we gotta go anyways," olivia laughs as iris walks up besides her. "okay, see you soon," i smile, "see you, iris." "bye y/n," iris says, waving. "see you soon," olivia smiles, turning around.

olivia's pov
as we walk out, i take a look at the cup. "what did she write on it this time?" iris asks. "olivia plus y/n," i read, showing her the cup. "ugh, this is so cute," iris says, "you can tell she likes writing creative things on your cup, she always smiles." "she always has a smile on her face whenever she's working," i say, drinking through the straw. "but it's extra wide smile," iris says, "trust me, i've noticed it. the dimples are dimpling when she's smiling at you." i begin grinning at the thought of y/n getting excited to see me the same way i do when i see y/n. now that she thinks about it, she does tend to have a little twinkle in her eyes when she speaks to me. i mean, i just assumed that's how her eyes always looked though, she was just one of those people. i take out my phone and taking a picture of the cup.