CHAPTER 14 - how's it feel being 20?

a/n - please voteeee

we watch a few episodes of olivia's show, before it was 5:30. "let's go out to dinner," i say, standing up, "nini." olivia laughs, getting out of the bed, "don't call me that!" "nini's such a cute name," i laugh as we both walk downstairs. "that's the name of a character in a show," she corrects. "but it's cute," i chuckle, "nini." "is this how you wanna die?" olivia asks. i look at her, laughing, "not really." "that's what i thought." "noted, no nini," i say, opening the garage door. olivia chuckles, "stick with olive." "sticking with olive," i agree. 

we both get into the car, and i buckle up. "you know, you're hot when you're stern," i tell olivia. she laughs, starting to take off her shoes with her feet, "so i'm not hot when i'm not stern?" "no, you are," i laugh, "you're hotter." "thanks," olivia smiles. "so technically, if i keep calling you nini-" "shut up," olivia cuts me off. "sorry," i say, clearing my throat and looking onto the road.

olivia laughs, looking at me, "am i being too harsh?" "no," i laugh, "it's funny." "okay," olivia chuckles, bringing my hand in her lap. she intertwines our hands. olivia brings it to her lips, kissing the back of my hand repeatedly.

i feel something warm and wet slide up my hand. i look over at olivia, seeing she had just licked my hand. "olivia!" i laugh. she laughs too, "intrusive thoughts." "that was a full on lick too," i laugh, "disgusting!" olivia keeps laughing, wiping my hand on her shirt.

i park the car, and olivia starts to put her shoes on. i walk to the other side of the car, opening her door. she was just finishing putting her other shoe on. i lean in, unbuckling her seatbelt. i go to lean out, quickly kissing olivia before standing up.

after dinner, the time was almost 7. "wanna go to the beach?" i ask, waiting for the bill. "the beach?" olivia repeats. "yeah. you know, the place with sand and water with waves," i smile. "i know what a beach is," she laughs, "let's go to the beach."

we get back into the car. "30 minute drive," i say. "okay," olivia says, taking her shoes off. "that's such a habit," i laugh. "oh, i know," she smiles, crossing her legs on the chair. i smile too, looking back at the road.

i park the car, and we get out. we reach the sand, and i take off my shoes and socks, olivia doing the same. "it would be cool to have a beach house," i say as we walk along the beach. "it would be," she chuckles. "imagine just waking up and walking 2 minutes to a beach," i sigh. "yeah, you'd get sunburnt every day," olivia smiles. "well you also get tan," i say, "or bring a beach umbrella." "yeah, i'd just lie down on a sun bed with a beach umbrella and read everyday," olivia imagines. "that's attractive," i say, holding olivia's hand. "i think everyone would fall for me," olivia chuckles, lightly kicking sand in front of her. "not like everyone hasn't already," i smile. "lucky you then," olivia smiles at me. i look at her, laughing, "lucky me." "very lucky you," she laughs, "kidding." "you're not kidding." "i am," she bumps into me. "i'm lucky," i admit. "no," olivia shakes her head, "i'm lucky." "we're both lucky," i settle the debate. "yeah," olivia smiles.

"wanna take a picture?" olivia asks. "yeah, we haven't taken any photos together," i laugh. "i know," olivia chuckles, taking out her phone.

we face our backs to the water, olivia positioning her phone to get the almost ending sunset as well. i stand on olivia's left, waiting for her. "okay," olivia says, placing her left hand on my left cheek. she leans back into me, and i smile for the camera. "3, 2, 1," olivia says, taking the picture.

we reach the end of the beach, and i look onto the pavement. "hey, looks like there's little markets," i say. "should we go?" olivia asks. "yeah, might as well," i say, "we'll stop by the stairs to put our shoes on."

after i finish tying my shoelaces, i look over at olivia. she started to tie the shoelaces to her first shoe. i move down a step, facing olivia. i start to do her other shoelace, tying it.

i stand up, brushing the sand off my pants. i hold a hand out, pulling olivia up. we keep our hands connected as we walk to the stores. i look at the shops as we walk by, seeing some selling food, others selling jewlry. olivia and i stop at a bracelet store where the woman reads your hand and hands you a bracelet according to your palm. "should i get one?" olivia asks, looking at me. "i'll get one if you do," i smile. "okay, let's get one."

the lady reads my palm, asking what my favorite color was. i tell her, and she picks out a bracelet, sliding it on my wrist. i smile, feeling the round crystals. after olivia gets her purple and white bracelet, we both pay, walking away.

we walk again, squeezing past other people as if was pretty crowded. olivia holds onto my hand again, walking beside me. we reach the end, and i turn to face olivia, "time to walk all the way back." olivia laughs, "fine by me." we walk to another pavement in front of the market that wasn't busy, starting to walk back. "this was cute," olivia says. "it was," i agree. olivia hums, hugging my arm.

i open the car door for her, and she gets in. i lean down as olivia goes to take off her shoes. i bring her seatbelt to the other side, buckling her in.

i get into the car, and olivia reclines the seat back. starting the car up, i start to drive away.

eventually, i pull up to a spot in front of olivia's apartment building. i look over at her, smiling. she was sleeping, facing me. "olive," i whisper, shaking her shoulder softly. she hums tiredly. "we're at your apartment," i tell her. "already?" she groans, stretching slowly. "yeah," i chuckle, "i'd carry you in but... you know." "what time is it?" olivia asks. i turn to look at the car screen, "7 minutes 'till twelve." "oh my god, it's almost your birthday!" olivia exclaims. "i guess so," i laugh. "come on, let's quickly get into my apartment so i can kiss you at 12."

we get into olivia's apartment with 2 minutes to spare. olivia locks the door, and we walk to her room. olivia pulls me onto the bed, laying on top of me. she takes out her phone, going onto the clock app. "10 seconds," she smiles. "this isn't new years," i laugh. "you're right," olivia says, "it's better than new years." i chuckle, shaking my head. olivia keeps her eye on her phone, "5, 4, 3, 2..." she looks at me with a smile, "happy birthday, y/n."

before i can say anything, she presses her lips against mine as she kisses me. my hands go to her jaw, kissing her back. olivia pulls away, smiling, "how's it feel being 20?" "feels amazing so far," i smile. "i might post now," i say. "it's twelve," olivia laughs. "yeah, i know, but why not?"

about 3 minutes after i we both hear soft knocks on the door, and olivia rolls off me. "come in!" olivia says. the door opens, iris walking in, looking at her phone. "have you seen y/n's post? i didn't know it's her birthday, she looks so good in that post," iris says, looking up. we look at each other, and i smile. "oh shit," iris laughs. "oh my god," i look at olivia, "do you guys talk about me like this when i'm not here?" olivia and iris burst out laughing. "yes," olivia laughs, "oh, this is so embarrassing!" "we've literally talked about you almost every day since olivia got stood up," iris explains, "also, happy birthday!" "thank you," i laugh, "i hope you guys don't say anything bad." "there's nothing bad to say," olivia chuckles. "oh, but you would say it if there was," i smile at her. "no!" olivia laughs. "so, are you two dating now?" iris asks. olivia and i look at each other, and i look at her with a smile, shrugging.

olivia turns to iris, "yes!" iris smiles widely, "oh, finally!" we talk for a bit more, before iris says happy birthday again and leaves to go to bed.

i turn to face olivia, "i should probably go home." "okay," she nods, "want me to walk you down?" "i just came up here for you," i laugh, "i can go down by myself." "are you sure?" liv asks. "positive," i smile. "okay," olivia stands up from the bed, and so do i. "happy birthday, y/n," she says, cupping my cheeks and kissing me.