𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝟵𝟮 - 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝘆𝗼𝗿𝗸

a/n - pleasevote

olivia and i sit on the grass in the backyard as we're having a small picnic by ourselves. i take a bite of my sandwich, looking up at the sky. "you know what that one looks like?" olivia asks, pointing to the sky. i move closer to her, looking at the invisible line where she was pointing, ending at a cloud. "like what?" i ask, placing my hand on her knee. "like a heart with an arrow through it," she says proudly. i look at her, and smile as she has a bright smile on her face. i look at the cloud again, "it does." "they did it for us," olivia chuckles, placing her hand on top of mine.

i pick at the grass, holding it as i place it on olivia's head. she feels her head, taking a piece of grass and looking at it. she looks at me, "dimples, i just showered." "like, four hours ago," i smile. "yeah, which was still today," she says, "is there grass in my hair?" she tilts her head down to me, and i see the rest of the grass there. "yes," i answer. "take it off," she laughs. i pick more grass, and olivia looks at my hand, hitting it. "stop!" she laughs. i laugh too, quickly putting it on olivia's hair.

she keeps laughing, pushing me back. i fall back onto the grass, and olivia climbs on top of me. "your turn," she grabs grass beside me. i try to move, but with olivia pinning me down as she sits on my waist, i couldn't- not without forcefully hurting her. i slide my web shooters down, looking at her hand and webbing them to the grass.

olivia and i laugh as a short web comes out. "hey!" she says, "that's not fair!" "it is," i smile, "go get grass with the other hand and i'll web that one too." "okay, i forfeit," she says, "now get this off me, please." i reach down, taking off the web and shaking it off.

olivia looks at me, her smile fading. "i gotta tell you something," she says. "what's wrong?" i ask, my smile fading too. "well, dan and i are really on a roll with the music we're writing, and... we wanna go to this studio," she says. "oh, that's great! why're you so sad for?" i ask. "it's in new york," she admits. "new york," i say, shaking my head and smiling, "that's okay." "and.. we're gonna be there for a while," she says. "how long?" "a month," she says. that's not that bad. "... at the least."

"oh." olivia's smile comes back though, "but i'll come to visit, yeah?" "i'm happy for you, liv," i smile, "this is what you want, right?" "more than anything," olivia says. "then i'm happy," i answer, "when're you leaving?" "in, like, two weeks," she says, "i would've told you earlier, but dan just told me today." "that's alright," i say, "we spend every second of the day together. it'd be selfish of me not to let you go." "thank you for understanding," she smiles, "i've never done the long distance thing." "yeah, neither," i say. "i'm not scared though," she says, "it'll be easy." i smile, nodding. "now can you get the grass out of my hair, please?" liv laughs. i smile, and she gets off me, turning her back to me. i start to pick out the grass one by one.

3 weeks later
"hey olive," i smile as olivia picks up the facetime. "hi," she giggles, in bed too. "how's new york?" i ask. "new york's beautiful," olivia says, "dan and i have been working our asses off." "can i hear some of the music?" i ask, and olivia shakes her head. "it's all on dan's computer," she explains, "i'll try to when i get the chance." "do you know when you're coming back?" i ask. "dork, it's been a week since i've been here," olivia laughs. "i know, but i just miss you," i sigh. she frowns, "i know. it's been taking me a lot longer to fall asleep without you." "same!" i agree, "like, the bed feels so empty, i hate it." "i'll send a body pillow of myself," olivia giggles. "please," i smile. "how was work today?" she asks. "it was good," i say, "jess and emma are kinda going through a rough patch right now, though." "oh no," olivia says, "what's wrong?" "not sure, jess didn't tell me and i don't wanna ask her, you know?" i say. "that's true. they'll get through it," olivia smiles.

olivia yawns, and i look at the time. it was 8:21pm for me, but 11:21pm for olivia. "do you wanna sleep now?" i ask. "you gotta stay on call with me, though," she smiles. "of course," i say. olivia turns to the side and props her phone up. "i'm just gonna stay up for longer," i say. "that's okay," olivia smiles, "goodnight, y/n. i love you." "goodnight, olivia. i love you more, have a good sleep," i say. "thank you, you too," olivia closes her eyes.

i swipe out of the facetime, but olivia's face being on the corner of my screen as i go on my phone for a few more hours.

2 weeks later
i look at myself through the camera as i wait for olivia to answer my facetime request. a few rings later, it accepts. olivia's face glowed in the dark from her screen, her eyes squinted. "y/n, it's almost 2am here," she whispers. "oh my god!" i whisper yell, "i'm so sorry, i totally forgot about timezones." "it's okay," she whispers. we say the next part at the same time. "did you wanna stay on call?" "i'm really tired so i think i'm gonna hang up and sleep now."

olivia and i go quiet. "okay," i whisper, "goodnight olivia." "i'm sorry," she says, "goodnight. i love you." i say it back, then saying, "i'll text you-" olivia hangs up. i stare at my phone, taking a deep breath.

gwen walks up to the counter. "hey gwen," i smile. "hey y/n," she smiles back, "how's work been? busy?" "work's good. kinda same amount of people so far," i say, "how's your day?" "pretty good," she answers, "just wanted to get a coffee to-go." "no problem, the venti latte?" i ask. "yes please," she says. i put it on the screen while gwen says, "how's you and olivia?" "we're good," i say, "she's in new york right now for her music." "oh! since when?" she asks. "since... a little more than a month," i say, gwen tapping her phone to pay. 

olivia's pov
"well, tyler's coming soon," dan says. "who's tyler?" i ask, inside the vocal booth as i look at dan. "oh, he's my friend! and a pretty good producer," dan says, "not as good as me, though." i chuckle, and someone knocks on the door.

dan stands up, walking to the door. i walk out of the booth, seeing a guy who looked my age. didn't know dan had friends who were my age. "dan!" the guy exclaims. "hey, tyler!" dan laughs, hugging him. tyler looks at me, smiling. i smile back. "you must be olivia," he puts his hand out. "i am," i say, shaking his hand, which was soft. but not as soft as y/n's hands.

a week later , y/n's pov
i walk into the new york airport, looking around as i pull my suitcase. "uber... swing," i say my two options to myself, looking at my web shooters, "uber... swing." i lift up my suitcase, feeling it was pretty light. "swing."

once i walk out of the airport, i hold a strap on my suitcase, jumping and starting to swing to olivia's studio.