Chapter 30 - Frei-mily

Fourth

[Are you really sure?]

"Yeah." I smiled while talking on phone.

[Are you reeeeeeeeaaaalllllyyyy okaaayyyyy?] Gemini asked yet again.

I rolled my eyes but couldn't help chuckling. "I am reeeeeeeeaaaalllllyyyy fiiiiiine." Can't believe I talk like him sometime. "I can go home fine by myself. I am not a kid."

[You are my baby though.]

"I am gonna puke." I said in a deadpan.

[Are you not?] Gemini asked playfully.

I chuckled in response. He can be so cheesy; I lose track of what I was talking about.

[Why am I so worried then? You believe in fairy god mother? Can you ask her to turn you pocket size so I can fit you in my pocket and roam around with you wherever whenever?]

"Gem? Are we going to talk nonsense again till I walk back home?"

[Well, I am waiting for the coach to call me. So till then we can talk sense-nonsense, mance-romance, whatever you feel like. I am all ears and heart.]

I am blushing so much; thank god he is not seeing me right now. "Gem!"

[Fourth!]

"You have turned overprotective like my dad." I said while taking a turn to the road that I am most afraid of walking at night. Just this one streak is without lights and without any residential buildings around. This 2 KM stretch is not scary in day light. But at night, it is.

[Ow. Your dad is someone I look up to. He is so cu... I mean smart...]

I laughed. Even if it is scary, talking to Gem like this while walking is not scary at all. I am actually relaxed. "Did you just call him cute?"

[Ahem... No. Listen. The coach is calli...]

"OW!" The phone fell from my hand and I fell on the ground as I felt someone kick me in the back. I turned to look behind and what I saw was unbelievable. There were three guys in mask and caps.

"What d-do you want?" I crawled back scared trying to hold back my phone. But one of them placed a foot on my hand on top of the phone making me yell in pain.

Another guy held me from behind and pulled me up while the first one who smashed my hand, punched me in my stomach.

The third one walked in with someone following behind and that's when my eyes widened.

"Remember me?" Mink asked with a smirk on her face folding her arms.

"Mink..." I said dumbfounded.

"Finally I found you alone." She chuckled and walked towards me while the other two guys held my hands back.

She held my hair while I tried to free myself but couldn't. "You smashed a cake on my face. You came in between Gemini and me. You brought me so much humiliation. You made me leave university. You think you deserve to live in peace?" She asked and slapped my hard.

"MINK! I am warning you. Don't get out of line. Talk like civilians." I said.

She scoffed and chuckled and then burst out laughing loud. "What? You are a peace love dove or something? Well, sorry. I am not. And you messed with the wrong person." She snickered and shook her head and then turned to the person behind him. He was the tallest of all three. "Make sure he gets his lesson for life." She said and the other person in mask nodded.

Mink walked to the side and the tall guy neared me. He rolled up his sleeves and was looking at me with eyes that were like a predator.

He raised his hand and I closed my eyes trying to grace myself for the impact but I heard a loud thud and no punch came on to me.