Chapter 9 - Bet Alternate

Gemini

"What?" I asked almost surprised and on the verge of laughing.

"I don't know what to wear to a party." Fourth was now embarrassed. He turned and got his face almost buried in his book when Mark and I looked at each other with the same expression that said how cute is our hamster.

"Get up. We will go shopping." I said pulling his hand.

"Yeah, I too want to buy something in Gem's expense." Mark said.

"Who said you are tagging along?" I turned to Mark while Fourth pulled his hand out of my grip.

"Am I not going?" Mark asked shocked.

"Did you forget what I asked you to do?" I said eyeing him.

He took a moment to recall before a crooked smile appeared on his face. "Oh yes... Don't worry. I will handle it. Better than you asked me to."

"Don't overdo it." I said giving him a warning glare. Perth bro asked me to get drinks arranged and since Mark's father owns a whole pub, I asked him to take care of it,

But right now, looking at his smile, I really don't trust him. He is notorious and if he will get this wrong, Perth bro will kill me.

"I know. Chill." Mark said patting my arm.

"What are you guys talking about?" Fourth asked looking at both of us suspiciously.

"N-nothing." Mark stuttered.

"Leave him. Let's go." I immediately pulled him from his arm.

"Uhm... I can walk." Fourth softly pulled his hand back but got up to stand beside me.

I chuckled at him and shook my head. "God know what will I do with you. C'mon." I gestured him to follow me while giving Mark one last look. He winked back making me even more worried. But I'll deal with him later.

"Don't we have English after this?" Fourth asked.

"We are bunking." I smirked and kept walking.

I saw Mink walking with her friend from the other side.

"Fourth..."

"Yeah?"

"Do you know how to run?"

"Huh?"

I held his hand this time and pulled him with me running in the opposite direction as fast as I can.

"What are you doing?" Fourth asked.

I laughed while still running. "Running away with you." I said jokingly. I couldn't hear Fourth say anything else after that till we ran in parking lot.

I took out my car and we got out of university.

Fourth kept asking me many questions which I simply ignored with the raised volume of the songs I played till we reached a mall.

"Gemini, I can pick something from my clothes at home." Fourth countered.

"Yes you can. But now that we are here, let's buy something too. If you are short on money, I can buy gift for you." I said shrugging.

Fourth stopped and looked at me with a serious expression.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Don't even let money come between friendship." He said.

I was taken aback for a moment. Till now, my friends have always tried to stick with me for freebies. I have never seen anyone getting offended on this.