Chapter 6 - Unknown Feelings

Nanon

I literally did not give a damn about anything before I left the court that day. The booing crowd, my constantly ringing phone, the weird mix of gaze from the people I passed by, everything was blur before I got back home.

This is definably a new way of bullying. Just one prank and I am unable to decide if I should go to university today or not.

A knock on the door made me startled.

"Dad!" I turned with a nervous smile.

"Non, are you not going to college today?"

"Actually..." It never happens that I don't get ready and have breakfast with my parents before leaving. I forgot about how and what they will feel.

"Are you not feeling well?" my dad asked me when I took a long pause.

"No dad, I am fine. Just that I am thinking of staying back and studying for exams. It's very noisy in university nowadays."

"But didn't you say that library has all the resources available so it's the best place to study?" He countered me.

"Y-yeah... But... That... I just..." I am bad at lying. But I can definitely not tell the truth to him. Can I?

He looked at me skeptically before taking a seat next to me. And then he gently smiled at me. "You know, when I am experimenting with various herbs?"

I looked at him confused.

He shook his head. "It is what scares me the most because I don't know what will happen. Sometimes it turns out to be poison, and sometimes they are the best medicines I make."

"Dad... I am not sure what you are saying."

"What I mean is, if something happens in your life which you are scared of or not sure of, don't hesitate to face it."

Does he know what happened at the basketball court?

"Dad, thanks for the morale boost but I am fine. Really."

"I believe you. And I hope you will believe me too." He grinned and patted my shoulder once before leaving my room.

I don't think he knows what happened, but maybe he guessed it right that I was deliberately trying to hide from something...or someone. In my case, it's the captain basket gorilla.

I somehow contained myself and walked out of the house with my bicycle. I am still not very eager to go, so I decided to walk with it. Fourth must have already reached. So there is no point in trying to check at his place.

I walked out of my lane and to the main road when I saw someone standing with folded hands leaning on his bike and looking in my direction. I narrowed my eyes to focus and as soon as I recognized the figure I turned back.

I heard footsteps behind me. Like someone running up to me.

"Good morning." The captain gorilla dressed in his classic jacket and gelled-up hair is lurking around my alley for greeting me good morning. How can this morning be good?

I just ignored him and turned back in the direction of the university.

"Ummm, I was passing by. And saw you. So thought to say hi." He still followed me and was trying to read my face tilting his head forward. I kept ignoring him.

"C'mon Nanon. We became friends now right?"

I stopped and sighed. "Who said so?" I asked without looking at him. "Look. Whatever this is, I am not interested." I started walking again.