Chapter 5 - The Grand Opening

Ohm

"He is a guy." I mumbled.

"It's too late to think about it." Perth said face palming.

"He is a polar opposite of me." I said.

"It's too late to think about it." Perth said again.

"He will never let me win this bet."

"It's too late to think about it." Perth said yet again.

"As per the deal, I will have to willingly take back my name from national's selection." I said terrified.

"It's too late to think about it." Perth rubbing his face with his palms.

"This... I have made a big mistake."

Perth got up and smacked my head. "I SAID IT'S TOO FUCKING LATE TO THINK ABOUT IT YOU MORON!" he yelled.

I looked at him taken aback for a moment. And then hugged his waist sulking. "PERTH!!! HELP ME!!!" I pleaded.

He sighed loudly and pushed me away. "Look. You could have bet to make him help you study. There was no reason for you to go up to the level of making him fall for you. When emotions are involved, everything..."

"Hold up." I stopped him holding his mouth. "I don't need a moral lecture. I need help." He bit my hand. "Ow!"

"Bloody idiot!" He cursed me. "Look, why don't we tell Nanon about it and bribe him to say that he likes you just to make you win?" He asked.

"Oh yes. He is dying to help me out!" I said with a grimace. "'Nanon' and 'doing something willingly for me'. These two sentences don't fall in same sentence."

We both went silent for a while before Perth spoke up again. "What was the need for you to bully him so much?"

"I never did it intentionally. He always made it difficult for me." I snapped. "He always reported me for not doing my assignments, for bunking classes, for smoking, for working part time in a bar, everything. You know this don't you?"

Perth nodded. "But he was doing his job."

"You tell me honestly, was he just doing his job? Or was he getting back at me? Last year he even got me almost suspended when he thought that it was I who brought in cocaine in campus." I said recalling the horrible incident.

It was Boom's brother Mork who had got it in campus but someone reported saying that one of the basketball players was smoking something weird in lavatory. Mork took advantage of the situation that the reporting person did not know the name and he kept the powder in my locker which Nanon reported despite me telling him that it wasn't me and that I have no clue of who brought it.

It was later when the reporting person cleared it to the dean that it was Mork, that I was allowed to come back. That jerk of a class representative did not even apologize to me.

Perth nodded. "I agree it was wrong on his part. But you guys are so deeply hating each other since forever that it is impossible to even imagine a scenario where in you two are together."

I sighed.

Gemini who was busy with his headphones since forever finally turned to us. "Can I suggest something?"

I rolled my eyes. "I certainly did not invite you for free snacks. I called you for helping me."

Gemini shook his head and chuckled. "I am going to give you a star idea. One that will give your snacks worth back to you."

Perth exhaled. "Talking to two Ohm's together gives me headache."

I threw a ball at him to shut him up and turned to Gemini. "Tell me."