Chapter 33 -

Everything felt hazy and I felt incredibly tired. I tried opening my eyes but darkness surrounded me.

I heard voices sometimes. But it was hard to make anything of it. It felt like sometimes they were talking to me.

But I felt too tired and strange to respond. I waited for the voices though. Strangely, it's what made me connect to my body again.

One day I didn't feel as tired and heavy. Bit by bit, I felt like myself. And then the eternal darkness disappeared.

My eyes fluttered open. And I blinked at the lights. They were so bright. It made me groan.

I looked around because I had no idea where I was. I recognized the male sleeping in the chair in the corner. It was Joshua. "Josh?" I tried getting it out.

My throat was so dry and hoarse, I didn't sound like me. But he stirred awake.

At first, he seemed confused, but then he rushed towards me. "oh thank god, finally." He grabbed my hand and held onto it.

"Water..."

He rushed to the sink filled a cup with a bit of water and rushed back to me again. He helped me sit up and brought the cup to my lips. "Where?"

"Alpha is on his way, you're in the pack house. You're safe here."

I took small gulps of the water. Memories resurfaced. My terror as I was running, the fighting. The red snow. It all came back. "Is everyone okay?" My concern for them had grown.

Josh huffed, "Such a Luna question. You were close to dying Luce, like hanging by a thread for days. And you're asking if everyone else is okay?"

"Are they?" I asked, ignoring the Luna's comment.

He nodded, "I won't lie, not everyone is okay. That's what happens in fights like this, some are still distraught, but mostly okay."

He helped me back under the covers. He continued, "Declan is now leaving the camp, so he'll be here in about fifteen minutes. He'll explain everything. Do you want anything?"

I shook my head, "I'm not at the camp?"

He chuckled and grabbed my hand once more, "No, you're at the pack house. Like on our pack grounds.

I was confused as to why I was taken there. Joshua filled me in on what happened, because the last I could remember was shifting to my human form, I didn't even remember my last act against Leo anymore.

The pack healer rushed in as well and did some basic reactive tests on me. My body wasn't healing in the beginning, but in the past few days, it has gone better. It all looked fine now, according to the pack healer.

She wasn't Doctor Dalma who was back at the camp. But she introduced herself as Elina. She seemed quite young to be a healer honestly.

I didn't say that out loud but thanked her for taking care of me. "I'm glad you're doing better, Luna." She smiled.

I simply nodded at her. Strange. It was a strange feeling. Just as before when Joshua called it Luna's question. I didn't blow it off. I didn't do it to Elina either.

Very strange indeed.

She was just giving me some more water when the door barged open. The male I had been longing for stood in the doorway. He was breathing heavily, his hair was a mess and his eyes were wide as they met mine. "Took you long enough." I joked with a slight huff in my voice.

Joshua and Eline stepped aside so Declan could sit by me. He gently grabbed my hand and kissed the top of my head. "You mean it took you long enough?" He joked back.