Chapter 20 - confrontational

Declan's pov

"Oh fuck, oh no, she's going to kill me... What do I do?" I woke up surrounded by the delicious smell of my loving mate in my arms. She was completely hidden by my body and it made me realize how precious and small she was.

You wouldn't think she'd be a deadly rogue like this. But she wasn't what woke me up, but rather the door slamming shut, and then the panicking voice of my beta filled the room.

At first, I felt the need to protect my mate. Even a tiny voice of my wolf said the need to protect our pup as well. I knew she was on birth control so it wasn't happening. We provide it here for all the rogues, we can't have a pregnant female going rampage in our camp.

They are terrifying. Mothers are my nightmare. And yet, my wolf couldn't be more satisfied knowing we seeded our mate. "Joshua get out!" My chest rumbled and I pulled Lucille more into me which woke her.

Her eyes fluttered open and instead of scolding me she completely melted into my hold. I shielded her naked body from my beta and again growled at him.

"No! You are in so much trouble! Everyone heard you two last night! Alani is pissed as hell and you screwed up with Charlotte now! I tried calming everyone down but no one is having it!" Joshua kept on rambling.

He was pacing and rubbing his forehead as if he was having a headache. 

It pained me to hear my pack was distraught. Words spread fast and, with the way Lucille was moaning, everyone heard her. It made me proud knowing every male knew she was with me last night. I should care about the consequences, but with her in my arms, I couldn't.

I had to put my pack first but my every instinct was screaming to woo this female, she was my mate, and I needed her by my side. Not some Luna wannabe.

I fail as their Alpha. I can't even make a harsh decision when it comes to my mate. And the only female who had realistic views was now scared away. Charlotte asked me one thing and I already failed.

Lucille was now completely awake because of our discussion. "Don't you know the concept of sleeping in?" She groaned as she stretched.

My wolf still wanted to protect her nakedness from Joshua so I tried shielding her. Joshua noticed this and threw Lucille's clothes at us. "First of all, go calm your pack down and your sister. Second, though I love the idea of Lucille as our Luna, she isn't, so go make amends with Charlotte. And third, you are supposed to interview Geoff. He's still in the cells."

I noticed Lucille's ear perked up upon mentioning Geoff. I sighed as I let her pull her clothes on, "I'll go do all of that, though I'm in doubt about the second one." I quickly looked at Lucille who also looked back and shrugged.

"I understand you'd choose your pack, no... I think you should choose your pack."

Joshua and I both gulped, then why did she look so heartbroken saying it?  "I honestly don't know what I would do good by..." It was frustrating.

Joshua patted my shoulder, "I know Alpha, but you must put your pack first."

Lucille hummed, "Exactly and that's why I can't be Luna, I wouldn't put them first. But you're their Alpha, don't be selfish."

''Says you?" Joshua interrupted.

Lucille snarled at him softly.

"Charlotte doesn't want you anywhere near the pack, she agreed you could stay near the borders but she doesn't want you in my pack." I blurted.

Lucille seemed a bit taken aback by it, it was our deal after all. Our eyes met and a silence fell upon us, we weren't speaking words but we only had to look at each other for understanding. "You have to make your decision, Declan, not me." She sat on the couch and crossed her legs, "I'm not meddling in assignments 1 and 2, but I do want to tag along to speak to Geoff."