Chapter 12 - ripple effect

Lucille pov

The offer Declan had made got me thinking, it was an okay deal. I'd see myself living secluded in some cute cottage just surviving on my own. And whenever I needed something I didn't need to go steal but I could go into the pack and get food...

I didn't need to deal with my family or pack business, and if there were intruders I still had an excuse to fight. Especially if they were rogues I could beat them up well.

One small problem...

I have to behave in this camp and get myself to the highest-ranking uniform which was purple. I regularly forgot the order so just as a reminder it went like this, you start as gray, then orange, then red, blue, and lastly purple.

If you managed to get purple it means you're good to go back into pack life or in my case, a cute secluded cottage!

First, when I got out, I went into the cafeteria to eat something. Which wasn't as enjoyable for everyone was staring at me. Like, I was as crazy as to go mad and put my hand in their chest or something... Oh, wait...

I never got my claws back, I think it was my defense mechanism flaring up because I was in danger as well. It was fun to walk past the field with poles and see Geoff struggle in the sun. I couldn't help but stick my tongue out at him as well.

He was lucky to be alive.

My lunch was a nice sandwich with melted cheese and ham. I also had an apple and some chocolate milk, and a bottle of water for my thirst. I didn't seem to recognize any fun people and most were those with higher-ranking uniforms so I sat down alone to eat.

Eventually, I was interrupted by the sound of a dying whale or something. I looked in the direction that the sound was coming from and saw Sam rushing towards me with fat tears streaming down his cheeks. "Luce!" He screamed throughout the cafeteria, gathering much attention from everyone else.

He jumped on me and tightly hugged me while he wailed. I shushed him but couldn't help and laugh. "Don't you ever fight again!" He begged.

"I can't or I'm dead..." I joked.

"I don't think Sam would forgive you again," Belle laughed and joined us. "He was a mess the past two days."

I cooed at him and let him smother me. Of course, until I deemed it enough. "Thanks for stopping me Sam," I muttered.

His eyes widened and he looked strangely at me, "What?"

"Did you just thank me?" He started chuckling, "I don't know what Big Alpha did to you, but man, he can go down on you more often." He wiggled his eyebrows.

I punched him on his shoulder, "I didn't let him go down on me, weirdo!"

"Why not?" Belle joined, he's your mate plus he is so fucking-" I interrupted her by also punching her arm.

"Ouch! You're feral." She sneered.

"Stop adoring him, we just talked, that's it. I'm not Luna material."

"Why not?" Sam asked, "You're a leader type for sure."

I shrugged because it didn't feel right. Luna's are caring, cute, and sweet and I'm everything but that. "I'm just not okay?"

Belle hummed, she saw the look in my eyes. I wanted to drop this conversation. She then smiled at me, "I'm just glad you're okay." She said, "Things would be boring without you here."

That for sure was true.

We remained a trio for the next few days, I still wasn't allowed to go to class for safety measurements but I was allowed to walk outside.