Chapter 23 - calm before the storm

Just five minutes left and my fudge caramel brownies with white chocolate chips will be done! I was so curious to see the results and it smelled amazing.

Two weeks had gone by and many allies had agreed to help Declan eradicate the rogue clan. For sure we were targeted so they agreed to send scouts to walk along the borders of the pack.

There was a lot of rogue activity but since the patrol started, it lessened. We didn't know if that was a good or bad thing.

I couldn't do much anyway so I focussed on baking again. Strangely, ever since Declan and I were making love, I may be interested in the Luna title.

Just a little.

 Many liked to try my baking. Teachers regularly came to see me and the guards as well. Even Joshua came to seek me out every day, claiming I was making him fat.

He was the one begging for treats.

Declan explained it was because they started envisioning me as Luna and we're seeking guidance from me. And unconsciously whenever they asked me something I always answered.

Charlotte told Declan to figure his shit out. She wasn't going to be a second wife like she told him before.

But many in the pack were angry. They disliked me and loathed what I had done. So there was a lot of distress in the pack. I was of course very hesitant too. I understood their point of view. I thought the same about myself.

My stomach fluttered whenever I saw Declan. We fucked daily and whenever we wanted. Somehow I didn't mind it as much when Joshua called me Luna. Abel still respected my doubts and just called me, Lucy. Joshua started plastering himself to me, it's a Beta's job to take care of the Luna and their wishes.

Some say a Beta would choose to protect the Luna over the Alpha. And it started to show with Joshua's protectiveness.

Alani still tried getting Charlotte to agree to a mating. She even wanted to put me in the contract. I could be Declan's side whore. Yes, she said whore. I didn't agree with that.

I'm no whore. But am I a Luna? This stupid instinct thing was clouding my judgment. Of course, I'm not.

But I can't deny the effect I was having on the pack.

Even one female guard was terrified to leave her children with her mate back at the pack grounds so all I did was comfort her and she calmed down. Just gave her a cupcake and a bit of advice and she left smiling and happy.

Strange.

What was even more strange was that I liked it. I never thought I would enjoy so many people visiting me and eating my treats which I worked hard for. But then they compliment me and I want to bake even more for them.

Of course, I always save a portion for Declan and it had become routine for me to bring it to his office. And then be rewarded with his huge, bulging...Oh god, I'm starting to sound like a Luna.

I saw Sam each day as well. He was starting to feel better, the medicine was helping too. He wouldn't get back to his old self but he could live a normal life.

Belle wasn't advancing as much anymore, she even seemed a bit frustrated lately and she distanced herself a bit from us. We still saw her at breakfast and dinner but she rarely joined us to sit on the shed in the sunlight.

Right now I was going to bring a portion of the brownies to Declan. He liked his brownies hot and fresh. My wolf couldn't wait to bring it to her mate. If I had a tail it would be wagging for sure.

It made me roll my eyes at my eagerness. What was going to happen to me? I didn't want to become a love-sick woman.

Usually, I would stop by much later by his office, but I knew he'd be working already so I decided to stop by a little earlier for once.