Chapter 29 - scars tell stories

Hello my dear readers, first of all... Happy New Year! Here's another chapter,  hopefully, it's still enticing and fun to read. I think I'm going to slowly end this story, don't know for sure yet. What do u think? I don't want to "drag" it out too much.

After being here for more than two months, Leo finally started escorting me outside. The snow was thick so I dressed very warmly. I took a deep whiff of the fresh air entering my lungs. Leo held me against his side tightly and even when I dared to glee at the treeline he would growl at me.

"I'm not running, you'd chase me down anyway," I grumbled and tried loosening his grip on me by tugging at his arm.

He halted and I ignored the stares and whispers we were receiving. "I'd chase you down to hell if I needed to, you're mine and this proves it." He grabbed my hair and tugged my head backward.

It was to assert his dominance over me and tell me I wouldn't escape from him. "I'll never get enough of the smell of you." He whispered in my ear just after he scented me from my neck.

"You're not still delusional are you?"

We were having a stare down but he didn't want to cause much of a scene so he dropped my disobedience and instead leaned in to claim my lips. This made the pack go 'aw' and afterward he leaned in close so only I could hear, "Challenge me again in public and I won't hesitate to show you the consequences. I'm not going to be gentle just because you're still recovering from the rejection."

He paused, "I can always try again, and again and again..."

I heeded his threat but didn't let it get to me too much. We continued walking to the packhouse. It was a huge two-story building, how they did even build all of this? It looked amazing.

We enter through a double door and we're met with a lot of chattering that died down as we entered. They all looked at me so Leo told me to go meet everyone. I scanned around the crowd awkwardly, my eyes fell upon Belle. She smiled at me so instinctively I growled at her. I wanted to kindly tear her arms off.

Some were confused as to why I growled so Leon took it upon himself to grab my hand and place one on my shoulder. "It's tough, but we're getting there. Soon you'll have your true Luna."

At first, it was completely silent, and then everyone started cheering. No one cared I was here against my will, caged like a bird once more. I did notice Belle trying to gain eye contact, but I ignored her.

Geoff was the first one to congratulate us and even dared to grab my hand. I tugged it back and glared at him, "Don't touch me with your fifty hands."

"Be nice," Leo warned.

I growled at him too and retreated into the crowd to walk to Belle. I ignored everyone trying to talk to me and pushed them out of my way. I stopped in front of Belle, "you..."

"I'm sorry Lucy, I didn't..."

I scoffed, "Save me the weak excuses, this is on you. I trusted you."

"I know," she apologized once more and tried to hold my arm but I pulled it back just before she continued, "I had orders but I truly wanted to be"

My claws appeared and dug themselves into the grooves of the wooden table. Be my friend? Fuck her. She betrayed me.

Someone I considered my friend betrayed me. She took me away from my mate.

Leo was at my side in a second and held me by my upper arm, ordering me not to cause a scene. I roared and tugged myself loose, "I'm not going to act like I'm so happy you kidnapped me. They all know! I didn't want a pack but here I am!"