Chapter 28 - a hot trail

My body was withering in pain. Leonardo had marked me. The burning sensation on the front of my neck reminded me of that. He made sure to bite down deep too, so his scar would be very visible.

I fought with my wolf, my consciousness, over the mark. I had to resist this. Again.

The pain lingered, but the mark was now a cruel reality etched on my skin. Leo's claim was undeniable. I could feel the weight of it, both physically and emotionally. My wolf, though still defiant, seemed subdued after the fierce struggle.

Leo observed with a triumphant grin. "My fierce Luna. You can't escape destiny," he declared, his eyes gleaming with possessiveness.

My limbs trembled as I stood, the aftermath of the relentless battle evident in every step. Leo circled me, a predator reveling in his victory. "You're mine now, body and soul," he asserted, and the truth of his words sank in, making defiance seem futile.

I tried to get up met fell again, I kept on struggling. I won't give in. The words barely fell off my lips.

And then it went dark.

My body fell into a painful slumber while my wolf was fighting the mark. But this one unlike any other had been very deep. Leo's strong will to claim was stronger than ever and trying to fight it became harder every second.

Accept it.

Accept it.

Reject it!

Accept it.

Accept it.

Accept it.

Accept it.

Reject it.

Accept it.

Accept it.

Accept it.

Accept it.

Accept it.

I don't want to.

But Leo's willpower had been stronger than mine this time and his determination prevailed over mine. Despite my relentless struggle, clawing, and biting in futile defiance, it became evident that resistance was futile this time.

...

When I awoke I felt a hand softly trail through my hair. His nails softly scraped my scalp. The fabric of the sheets rubbed against my naked hips, which were starting to get sensitive already.

I then felt the hands trail to the side of my neck and towards the front. Where it painfully throbbed with an awful reminder. "Beautiful..." Leo whispered. He admitted the mark he made, the mark my body painfully accepted. "And all mine..."

My lips were claimed by him an involuntary my body reacted to its new mate. Though my body now accepted this lunatic as my mate, it didn't mean I did. My wolf neither.

Wolves didn't react well to a forced mate. I'm afraid of the consequences of this action.

My hand felt the sensitive spot at the front of my throat. For everyone on display. Now he knew where I was every second of the day, and how I was feeling. "Why are you sad?" His arms surrounded me into a hug and he pulled me into his lap.

I felt his hard-on already rubbing along my folds. "your body knows who you belong to now, just look at how wet you are for me..." He trailed a kiss down my neck and I ignored the urge to throw up. "My mate, all marked and mine..."

I knew a mark could be removed, it was even more painful than rejecting a mark but it can be done. But only by a real mate. A destined one, like Declan.