Chapter 4 - rehabilitation camp

My body felt heavy and I was rocking from side to side. It felt like we were moving. Was I in a car? It was so dark though.

I then realized the reason why it was so dark, I had yet to open my eyes. When I managed to accomplish that, I could take in my surroundings.

We were huddled upon one another like livestock in some sort of van. We all had restraints around our wrists, they smelled weird. "They're infused with magic." I heard Mia's voice. It made me look up and search for her. She was somewhere in the back.

I asked her if she was alright but she didn't reply right away. "James and Liam are dead. They were killed." I saw her wrap her arms around her legs. She looked so vulnerable.

I clicked my tongue and cursed, "fuck..." I tried to reassure her we were going to be fine. Though, I found it hard to believe my own words. I knew what they did to rogues, we were slaughtered. We were outcasts after all. We are all killed and we're sinners or whatever. No one ever returns after disappearing.

"What do you think they're going to do with us, Luci?" Mia asked.

I sighed and leaned my head back against the insides of the van. I felt my head bump against it, we were taking an awful road. "Disposing of us."

Someone else chuckled beside me, "maybe they'll drive us off a cliff or something, grant us a fly."

It made me snicker as well, along with Mia and a few others that now we're awake as well. "At least we'll have the dive of our life," I added.

"They're right, we all have become mad." Mia laughed.

"Nah, we rather call it happy with benefits." Someone else randomly said. "Mad or crazy, whatever, normal is boring."

After that our chatting died down, and everyone felt nervous. But as rogues, we didn't let nerves take over and show fear. That was weakness and in our world, weakness wasn't allowed.

Especially when the car stopped and the doors opened. We didn't show our fear as light invaded our eyes and made us all groan. As a matter of a fact, we growled. To them, we seemed like feral lunatics.

Maybe we were, a little.

Those who fought even got some sort of noose around their neck which was attached to a pole so we couldn't get close to those handling us. And when that didn't work, a long-ass taser was poked into us.

Yeah, you'd be down from that. I can tell you firsthand from experience because I was one of those that fought.

Fuck, that hurt.

We were forced onto our knees in a line. Coincidentally, Mia was beside me. We were in a field of grass and behind me I saw large fences, which also had electricity running through them. Fuck.

In the distance, I saw another fence and what looked like tents or something. And I saw a large building in the center. Where the hell did I end up now?

"Welcome." A voice spoke up and made most of us raise our heads in curiosity. I looked at the guy and squinted my eyes, he looked somewhat familiar.

My parents forced me to remember the names and faces of those allied with their pack. I was forced to go through them every morning and evening, so this face almost lived in my head.

That's not the only thing I remember him from if I remember correctly and I know I do, he's from the Sullivan pack. And last time I checked, Declan Sullivan and my mate, was the Alpha of that pack.

Coincidentally, life fucks me again.

The man in front of us was Joshua, the Beta. He looked every one of those raising their heads in the eyes. Even mine but he just continued down the line. He didn't recognize me.