Sean propped himself up, resting his chin on his hand so that he could look down at Kelsey, a grin now plastered on her face. Her hair sprayed out around her in a river of red, Sean's heart thumped louder in his chest. Sensing his eyes on her, Kelsey focused back on him, her eyes ablaze with light and joy.

"If you think me to be a bit brazen, well, you have them to blame." Kelsey laughed.

"Cam and Milly?" Sean said, raising one eyebrow, enamoured with her story.

"Yep, Cameron; more sarcastic attitude than you could imagine. He's restaurant manager now and runs a tight ship. But he has the kindest soul, a little bit opinionated but always means well." Kelsey said. "Milly. Well where do I even start with Milly."

Sean watched as Kelsey's grin widened, her nose wrinkling.
"She's just Milly. Never wrong, always compassionate. Straight up no nonsense, calls you out on all your bullshit, Milly." Kelsey laughed.
"Sounds like one hell of a woman."
"Oh she is. But she's taken I'm afraid. Head over heels in love with David." Kelsey replied. "Plus, even if hell froze over and they split, I'm first in line."
Sean scoffed, his smile not fading. His free hand playing with the ends of Kelsey's hair that was brushing against his pillow.

"As amazing as this Milly sounds." His eyes locked on hers, soft and transfixed. "I can think of another that has my attention more."

Kelsey broke his gaze, her cheeks heated and heart fluttering. The urge to reach out and run her fingers through his hair before colliding her lips to his was becoming a thin tether. His affection laced words making this evening incredibly treacherous.

"Sorry." Sean said flustered "That wasn't supposed to be said out loud." He slumped back, his head disappearing into the feathery pillows.
Kelsey moved in closer, resting her cheek on the edge of his pillow, her arm instinctually reaching over his chest to rest her hand on his cheek, her fingers lacing with his soft hair, her thumb rubbing his cheek lightly. He turned his head, their noses brushing. His heart hammering beneath her arm, Kelsey's heart also keeping time.

She traced her fingers over the tip of his ear, rolling it down and caressing the lobe before gently brushing the back of his neck. Sean's breathing hitched, with his eyes falling shut Kelsey gained more confidence, guiding her finger delicately along his jawline, tracing her thumb along his bottom lip. Sean parted his lips without a second thought, exhaling a quiet moan.

"Kelsey" he whispered, his hand now resting on her hipbone, his fingers squeezing ever so slightly. The way he spoke her name made her weak, she rested her forehead against his, slowly drawing her fingers away from his chin and down to his chest.

"Kelsey." Sean spoke a bit louder his voice a deep rasp of air.

"I know, I know." Kelsey responded, "No funny business. I promised." Her words barely a whisper.

"We should get some sleep." Sean traced his fingers up her back, leaving a trail of goosebumps. "Leave this all for ourselves to deal with in the morning."

"Sounds like a good idea." Kelsey said nestling into Sean more, the warmth of his arm enveloping her. "Sweet dreams."
"Sweet dreams, Owens."

................................................................................................................................

The sunlight shone through the window waking Sean from his slumber. His eyes felt heavy and his head as though it was being compressed. Blinking away the daze, the reality of the night before came back to him.

Kelsey's head rested gently on his chest, her hair falling in front of her face, moving slightly with every breathe she took. Her arm wrapping over his shoulder and one of her legs sat snuggly between his own.

   He sat up slowly, careful not to wake Kelsey, placing her arm onto his pillow she pulled it closer to her chest sighing in comfort. Placing one foot onto the carpet he gently stood up, his shoulders clicking as he stretched his arms outwards. Turning towards the partly open door thoughts of what sort of breakfast he could make for them swam through his mind. But first, coffee. And also a paracetamol.

   Reaching for the door's edge his heart fell into his stomach as his eyes met with the stern green ones of his mother.

"Good morning, Sean." Her voice low and telling. Arms tightly wound across her chest, perfect manicured nails tapping against her tanned forearms, she looked past Sean's shoulder to the figure entangled with his bedsheets, still asleep in his bed. Quickly stepping out into the hallway Sean pulled the door shut behind him keeping his hand resting on the door handle behind him.

"Mum?" Still half asleep Sean blinked rapidly, hoping this was some cruel joke his brain was playing on him. Yet, his mother still stood before him, eyes wide and a single wrinkle breaking her perfect appearance prominent on her forehead. "What are you doing here? You said you'll be back on Saturday."

"Yes. But if you bothered to pick the phone up yesterday you'd've known that we were all heading back for today." Her eyes darted behind him agin to the now closed door. "Who's that in there?"
"No one."
"Sean Christopher Henderson. Don't lie to me."

"Hang on did you say you were all coming back today?" Sean questioned dodging his mum's interrogation. If on cue his fears where confirmed when his brothers face appeared looking up to him from the staircase, his footfalls heavy on each step.

"There he is!" Jake cried, a toothy grin spread across his face. His arms wide willing to welcome him into an embrace. "Thought you would've been up and waiting for my return." He laughed, pulling Sean into a tight hug. Seans hand tightened around the door handle.

Jake pulled back, his hands clasped tightly on his older bother's shoulders. His smile pulling slightly up on his left side exposing overtly white teeth.

"Seems like you had a bit of a party last night." Jake wiggled his eyebrows, his eyes darting to the closed door behind Sean. "Who are you hiding behind there?"
Sean felt the crushing reality of his situation on his shoulders in an unbearable weight. Unfurling his grasp on the door handle he forced himself to relax, shaking the sudden shock from his system. Plastering a smile on his face he strongly clasped his now free hand on Jakes arm.

"None of your business." He answered laughing a bit too forcefully. He looked back over to his mum who stared on watching, her arms somehow wound tighter across her chest. "Please let's drop this."

Jake turned back to the stairs. Glancing quickly back.
"As long as it's not Kelsey in there then we're all good." He quipped before charging back down the stairs.

Jakes words caused time to halt.

Sean watched as his mum's eyes widened, he could see the cogs turning inside her brain and the exact moment realisation hit. How the red haired woman she saw spread across him in his bed this morning was not a stranger at all.
She opened her mouth, shock muting her temporarily. Sean reached out with his hands, pleading with his eyes.

"Not now, mum." He whispered. "Please, I'll explain."