Chapter 57

The air inside the dimly lit hut seems to thicken as I step in, my footsteps resonating in the heavy silence. My gaze fixes upon the figure bound to the chair before me—my father. His eyes widen as they meet mine, a mixture of surprise, fear, and perhaps a hint of recognition flickering within them. His mouth is covered with tape, rendering him unable to speak, but his expression conveys a world of emotions. His hands are tied to the arms of the chair.

To my right stands Hayden. His presence, along with the guards positioned behind him, creates an atmosphere of tense anticipation. Yet, it is my gaze that remains locked on my father, the man who has played a pivotal role in shaping the path that lay before me. 

"Did you get the things I asked for?" I ask Hayden, not breaking eye contact with my father.

"Yes, sir" He says, stepping aside so that I can see the things which I asked for from him placed on the wooden table. 

Knives, a plastic can filled with kerosene and a matchbox.

With a sharp gesture, I command the guards to exit the hut, their compliance swift and unquestioning. As they leave, the tension in the room seems to shift, and the space between my father and me is charged with a mixture of history and unresolved emotions.

I turn my attention back to him, the memories of a tumultuous past flooding my mind. The scars he had left, the wounds he had inflicted—both physical and emotional—etch themselves into my consciousness. The miseries, the manipulation, and the fractured relationship that had characterized our interactions have led us to this moment.

My fists clench, and the anger that has smouldered within me for years now ignites into a raging fire. The choices he had made, the pain he had caused—it all surged to the forefront of my mind. As I stand before him, a myriad of emotions coursed through me—resentment, frustration, and a burning desire for justice.

I lean in and pull the tape harshly making him groan. I crumble it in my hand and throw it away. He coughs, till then I walk toward the table, grab a knife and then walk back to him. 

"How can you do this to your own father!" He screams. "That girl is the main problem and you.." Before he can even complete the sentence I dig the knife into his right hand causing him to scream horribly. 

"I warned you! I fucking warned you!" I growl as I dig the knife deeper.

"You made my life a living hell, yet I didn't say anything. You tortured me, poisoned me and even killed my sister still I didn't say anything not a single fucking word but now....you have crossed your boundaries and now even the devil can't save you" I whisper angrily.

I stare into his eyes for a few seconds and then instantly take the knife out of his hand and stab it in his shoulder. He groans. "This is for ruining my life" I say as I take a few steps back. I take out my lighter and a packet of cigars from my suit's pocket. I light one of the cigars and I place it in between my lips. 

"You don't know Ares with whom you're dealing with" He glares at me. "I know, with a beast. A selfish monster".

I move forward as I keep the cigar in between my index and middle finger. "Do you remember this is the same place where you used to beat me to death when I was a kid?" I ask as I press the front of the cigar against the wound on my father's hand. He screams, helpless.

"I wish you had thought of me before hurting Leah" I say, still pressing the cigarette against the wound. He flinches trying to free his hand. "Stop it Ares!" He groans. 

"Why? Does it hurts?" I grit my teeth furiously. 

I lift the cigar and throw it away. Blood trickles from his shoulders and his suit gets stained.

"You will pay for this" He breathes. "Only when I'll let you live" I mutter as I take a few steps back and turn around, approaching the plastic can. I twist the cap and open it, tossing the cap on the table. Then I lift the can using my both hands and pour the kerosene all over the floor.

"Ares what the hell are you doing?" My father yells. "Something which I should have done earlier" I say as I throw the can away.

"Ares no!" He begs. But it's too late.

I grab the matchbox from the table and take out one of the matchsticks. I strike the matchstick against one edge and light up the stick.

"Goodbye Alfred" I glare at him, dropping the burning stick on the surface. Within a few seconds, the fire spreads across the floor but I make my way towards the exit door while my father keeps screaming for help. I shut the door as I walk out.

Soon the whole hut sets on fire.

And this is how the destination wanted it to end.

This day was the last journey of my father and a new beginning for me. 

I watch the house explode.

I can't stop thinking about the wild tears that he made all of us cry. Me, my family, the love of my life, my friends. And now here it ends. 

__________________________________________

 The hospital corridor stretches out before me, the sterile surroundings a stark contrast to the storm of emotions that has churned within me. As I walk, lost in thought, Zion's sudden appearance brings me back to the present. His concerned gaze meets mine, and he wastes no time addressing the questions that hang in the air.

"Ares you alright? Where did you go?" He asks, his voice filled with genuine concern.

I pause, taking a moment to collect my thoughts before responding. The weight of the encounter with my father still hangs heavy in the air.

"I killed him, Zion. I killed my father" I look at him. His expressions are non-plus.

"You what?" He inquires, confusingly. "I killed my father".

"Now should I appreciate you for that or should I become worried?" He says.

"Appreciate it, I saved you guys from a monster" I pat his back as I continue to walk. He walks along with me.

"So....You can now live happily with Leah" He says. "Yeah that's why I'm leaving" I inform him. He grabs my arm making me stop to walk further. 

"Where and...why?" He's shocked.

"I'm leaving for England along with Leah 'cause this place is not safe for her and I don't wanna risk her life anymore" I say. "But your father is dead so what's the point?".

"Then I'm the one who is supposed to handle his position Zion and then all that violence....no" I say. "Then I'm coming with you" He says sternly, squeezing my arm.

"It's alright Zion I'll be in contact with you..." I assure him. "I just wanna live a normal life. Just me and Leah" I say.

"Okay" He sighs, releasing my arm from his grip.

"I'm glad to have a friend like you" I smile softly and so does he. 

He pulls me in a hug. I pat his back.

"Good luck for the future buddy" He whispers making me smile.

And I would love to call this the greatest moment of my life.

___________________________________________

The epilogue is on its way...........hold on guys