Chapter 32

Leah's POV :

Ares walks out of the cafe to attend to his call while Della, Zion, and I sit at the table. I order a cold coffee for myself since it is sweltering today. Zion contains a cup of coffee and cheesecake with Quark, while Della orders a cappuccino for herself. 

As I pause to take in my environment, I am immediately captivated by the sheer magnificence of the space. The intricate wooden ceiling adds an unparalleled level of distinction to the ambiance, leaving a lasting impression on all who enter. I must visit this cafe often with Ares. "This place is awesome" I admire the restaurant as I look around. "Ares and I visit here Frequently." Zion says while leaning in the chair and scrolling through his phone. "And you guys didn't even bother to take Leah and me with you" Della says in a disappointing way and smacks Zion's arm causing him to flinch slightly.

I let out a giggle. Before I can say something, a gang of bad boys enters the cafe. They are seven in number, and how they enter and speak to the barista is vulgar. Of course, they are the bad boys. But they did ruin the mood of every single person present in the cafe. They are annoying. I watch one of the guys light his cigar as he approaches the table next to ours, along with his gang, a few inches away from us. He's wearing a black cap, green T-shirt, baggy pants, and a silver chain around his neck. He has got tattoos on his arms and on his neck.

His eyes meet mine. He winks at me, and I look away in repulsion. I can feel that he is still staring at me, and it isn't very pleasant. I deliberately unlock my phone and start scrolling through it. 

"Della" I whisper, and she glances at me. "The guy next to us is staring is staring at me' I tell her. She glances at him, her eyebrows frown. she catches him staring at me. "Will you stop staring at my best friend or do you want me to take off your eyeballs?" Della tilts her head as she stares at him with an unimpressed look. Zion's eyes widen. Even I can't digest her words. But she slayed. The rolls his eyes and looks away causing her to smirk slightly. 

Finally, the waiter arrives with the ordered food and positions it on the table. I was about to grab my cup of cold coffee when the guy tossed his cigar on the floor, and it landed beneath my feet. "Why the hell man pick your cigar up and throw it in the dustbin" I yell at him furiously. "Oh...my bad, sorry young lady" He says as he gets up from his place and approaches me. He then bends slightly to pick up his cigar while I go for my cold coffee. The cup didn't even reach my lips when his wrist crashed with my cup, and the coffee spoils my shirt making me gasp.

"I'm so sorry girl!" He apologizes. I glance at him furiously because I know he did it consciously. "What the hell man" Della snaps at him. "It's okay it's okay" I calm down Dellayet I'm still pissed off at the boy. "Come with me to the washroom" He grabs my wrist, forcing me to go with him. "I can go by myself"I scowl as I try to yank my hand out of his grip. Yet, he doesn't let me go instead he tightens his grip around my wrist. "Hey, what's your problem boy!" Zion snarls as he stands up from his place and approaches the guy. Now, he frees me from his grip. "I was just trying to help" He utters as he rolls his eyes and sits back at his place. 

I glance at my wrist. His finger's imprints are visible, and it hurts. "Leah do you want me to--No no I'm fine I'll go and wash the stain" I mutter and walk away. I look back. That guy is still staring at me. Hungrily. I throw an angry look at him and then again look forward. I bump into someone, and I know who it is.

Ares.

"Hey..." He pauses as his gaze lands on my stained shirt. "What happened to your shirt?" He asks suspiciously. "Uh...I accidentally spilled my coffee on my shirt" I lie. Because I know if he came to know what happened then this day would be the last day of that guy on this earth. Ares takes a step back and observes me adequately. He lingers and frowns, tilting his head. 

Shit.

He grabs my wrist on which the imprints of the fingers are visible. "Who touched you Rose?" He asks disdainfully. "Ares I--Who touched.......you Rose?" He cuts me off. I sigh and then point at that guy. Ares glares at him and then escorts me to the washroom. Good, he didn't do anything. He handovers me a coth which I don't know where he got from. I assume he must have asked the waiter for it. Anyway, I turn on the water and wet the cloth properly. Then I squeeze it and rub it against my shirt. Ares places his hand on my waist and watches my moves. 

"Does your wrist still hurts?" He asks softly. "Yeah" I mutter. He shakes his head. "Excuse me" He says and then quickly steps out of the washroom. I stare at him until he disappears from my sight. I let out a sigh and then continue to wash the stain.

It's been a few minutes ever since I entered the washroom. A helpless scream reaches my ear, grabbing my attention. I drop the cloth on the floor and rush out of the washroom. I see a few people with shocked expressions plastered on their faces. I follow their gaze. My eyes widen. The guy who mistreated me is lying on the floor. His arm. It's broken, and so are his fingers. The same arm by which he held my wrist. I glance at Ares who looks pissed off. He grabs that boy's hair making him wince in pain and forcing him to look straight into his eyes. "Mistreat my girl again, and I'll separate every single bone from your body, do you understand?" He warns him. "Okay okay okay I won't" The guy flinches. Ares' words scare the shit out of everyone. 

I glance at Della and Zion. their faces are blank as if they can't take in what happened in front of them. Even I'm shocked. Well, nowadays I'm witnessing a lot of violence.

I look at the manager who looks too stunned to speak yet he calls the guards and orders them to take him to the hospital. The rest of the gang follows him.

All of a sudden, everything becomes normal as if nothing happened while I stand still and stare at Ares. He approaches me. Della and Zion follow him. 

"Let's go home" He mutters.